Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. I have a 04 mxz adrenaline and it needs a new track, I'm wondering what is the max lug height I can run? It has 1in on it right now and that doesn't cut it, i get stuck all the time and spin alot, am I able to clear a 1.75 possibly even a 2in lug? Also somebody told me I can change from 15 wide to 16, is this true?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mxer - if you'd like to make this shorty float, I'd probably change to to a set pilot 6.9 skis and one of the new 1.5" tracks or maybe a 1.6" Cobra. Go to Camso's site and you can plug in your data to see what is available for your needs. It all depends on where you're riding & how deep!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another option is Tracks USA something like a (120" to 137" Track Extension Package) - pricey and harder to justify for an older machine.....but a solution.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Up to a 2in track will fit with stock 10t drivers. A 16in wide track will also fit but I doubt you will find one in 121in length.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for all the info, and yes I was also looking at a track extension. Tracks USA has one for 136 and 144, for the extra 10$ I think I would go for a 144 kit. Any thoughts?
Long track trail sleds seem to be the trend lately, and all of the old timers have a theory that "short tracks ruin the trails".

170+" or nothing! It might handle real bad, but it's the thing to do right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went from a worn out stock 121” track on my 03 800 to a 136x16x1.75 and absolutely love it. If you ride off trail you will not regret it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Okay so I have decided that if I keep the sled (I may get a newer one) that I will go with a 144x 16x 2" Track and extension kit. Also revegade said 2" lug on stock 10t drivers, does that mean if I change drivers I can fit a taller lug? Will it clear in my tunnel? I ask because my buddy has a 144x16 with a 2.5" lug, worn down to about 2.2

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You need 9t drivers to go any bigger than 2". I had 2.25 on with 9t, and a 2.5 with 7t (3" pitch), that one was tough to get in!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need 9t drivers to go any bigger than 2". I had 2.25 on with 9t, and a 2.5 with 7t (3" pitch), that one was tough to get in!

And the lugs cleared in your tunnel when you would bottom out the suspension? Taking a quick look at mine this evening it didn't even look like I would fit 2" lugs without hitting my tunnel protectors. Do I have to take them off? If I do will 2.25-2.5 clear my cooler when I bottom out?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Tunnel protectors need to come out. You may have a little rub on the heat exchanger bottoming out, but I never had a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts