Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am thinking about getting a new sled in the next year or 2. Right now I have a 04 summit 600. I was at lost lake yesterday and saw 4 or 5 short tracks mobbing and I want one now. But my question is what is better 128, 136, and 144 here in AK. I don’t plan on doing and high marks but I want to climb a little bit, I would much rather ride off the trail then go 80 down a trail cause we don’t have very good ones up here. I know I would have to put a bigger paddle on the 2 shorter tracks. So I just want to see what everyone thinks would be better for just an average rider.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
136 is great, smoother ride, better traction but dosen't hamper steering ability as much as the 144. Most doo dealers will swap the track out for a bigger lug when you buy new, for a fee ofcourse.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
I like my 136X15. Good floatation and good trail manners. The 136X16 seems to be even better. I have ridden a couple, but haven't owned one.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I saw you there. In fact I stopped and was looking for my friends. Anyway, the snow was great and you could get around pretty good that day. We dropped down in one gully and one of the 121s could not make it out. We had to take the scenic route to get him back to the trail. The other 121s were driven by pretty experianced riders. Both of them have appeared in several videos. I am not saying you are not a great rider, but those guys are at the top of thier game. They go everywhere we do on our long tracks, but they are much better riders then I am.

·
Registered
261 Posts
nosepress said:
I am thinking about getting a new sled in the next year or 2. Right now I have a 04 summit 600. I was at lost lake yesterday and saw 4 or 5 short tracks mobbing and I want one now. But my question is what is better 128, 136, and 144 here in AK. I don't plan on doing and high marks but I want to climb a little bit, I would much rather ride off the trail then go 80 down a trail cause we don't have very good ones up here. I know I would have to put a bigger paddle on the 2 shorter tracks. So I just want to see what everyone thinks would be better for just an average rider.
[snapback]685204[/snapback]​
Go 144 because its long enought to still climb but still small to ride on trails or where ever,
besides now adays 166 is a long track 144 is short and 121 is very short!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Umm If you dont want to go really fast and you not into highmarking but you want something that floats good and can go off trail riding I would get a tundra 2.
The 06 model has the same track length as all the other tundra twos 139, but it has more track on the ground. But im not sure how well they climb probably pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.