Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 2012 800 etec renegade x. This is my first xp chasis. The sled only has 2000 miles on it. And when I have the ass end lifted in the air and give it some throttle to get the track moving, it makes a bad grinding noise. My hunch is driver bearings or chain case. I checked all the bogie wheels and they all seemed to spin freely. I haven't had much time to really look into it. Just wanted someone else's opinion to see what you might think it is.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Track clips slapping the skid??? Mine always sounded like that when run on a stand...

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
I think you'll find it the way the drivers and clips go together at the slower speeds with no load on it. My XR did the same, it was all good.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How many miles?

Get your hose and spray water in ther while you are doing in, if the noise stops it is nothing. If it doesn't check drive bearings, chain case, brake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gunna look more into it tonight and try spraying water first then check the chain case and brakes. Appreciate the help. If I have any more questions I'll make sure to get back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts