Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of snow checking a 2017 Renegade XRS 800 or as a second choice a Renegade 1200.
I ride mainly trails and some Lakes in Minnesota. Also trips to the UP.
The XRS is offered in Ripsaw 1.25 and Ripsaw 1.5. Should I go 1.5?
The 1200 is offered in Ripsaw 1.25 and Ice Ripper XT 1.25 Thinking the Ripsaw 1.25?
Just got back into riding after growing up in the 70's on Cat Panther 440 and 399's. Wow what a difference!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered my 16 XRS with the 1.5" Ripsaw. I studded it also. It is great on the trails and although I'm not a big back country rider, on a recent trip I did some and was pleasantly surprised how well it did in the powder. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm still unsure on the track options for Renegade XRS. When you build it on the website it shows the 1.5 Ripsaw as the upgraded track but the spec sheet says the 1.5 ripsaw is standard and the upgrade track is the 1.6 ice cobra. The XRS is standard 1.25 with the upgrade being the 1.25 ice ripper

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 2016 XRS had 2 choices 1.5 ripsaw or 1.6 ice cobra for a little extra... I chose the 1.6 ice cobra and it is prob the best all around track you can get! It is awesome on trail and quiet as well and does real well off trail.. Some even choose to pick it, on top of it being pre studded... I've got almost 2000 miles on mine this year and the studs are still as sharp as the day i got it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a 16 xrs with 1.5 rip saw. If I were to go back and change anything it would be to go with the cobra track. The cobra just works so much better in fresh snow than the rip. The 1.5 rip will take you a lot of places, but the cobra does it much better.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thinking of snow checking a 2017 Renegade XRS 800 or as a second choice a Renegade 1200.
I ride mainly trails and some Lakes in Minnesota. Also trips to the UP.
The XRS is offered in Ripsaw 1.25 and Ripsaw 1.5. Should I go 1.5?
The 1200 is offered in Ripsaw 1.25 and Ice Ripper XT 1.25 Thinking the Ripsaw 1.25?
Just got back into riding after growing up in the 70's on Cat Panther 440 and 399's. Wow what a difference!
I'm still unsure on the track options for Renegade XRS. When you build it on the website it shows the 1.5 Ripsaw as the upgraded track but the spec sheet says the 1.5 ripsaw is standard and the upgrade track is the 1.6 ice cobra. The XRS is standard 1.25 with the upgrade being the 1.25 ice ripper
I was at the dealer Monday getting prices on an XRS Renegade and 850 X Renegade. The website shows 1.25" RS standard and 1.50" RS optional. The spec sheet and brochure show 1.50" RS standard and 1.60" IceCobra optional. Owner said the website is a typo and the 129" XRS tracks were listed under the Renegade XRS also, by mistake.

Reactions: SmittyXP

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was at the dealer Monday getting prices on an XRS Renegade and 850 X Renegade. The website shows 1.25" RS standard and 1.50" RS optional. The spec sheet and brochure show 1.50" RS standard and 1.60" IceCobra optional. Owner said the website is a typo and the 129" XRS tracks were listed under the Renegade XRS also, by mistake.
I figured the spec sheets and brochures were correct and the website was wrong. Thanks!

Reactions: SVT MXZ XRS
1 - 8 of 8 Posts