Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased 07 MXZ 800 with the track extended to 1.75x144". I emailed the previous owner yesterday and he advised me original gearing is in the sled.... so I am thinking this may be an issue? The sled certainly runs great and I am having no performance issues.... Thought? If i need to change what are my options?

How difficult is it to change it up?

Cool

G

·
2nd Whore in command
102,099 Posts
If there is no performance loss than you might be fine, but you could always change the top gear to a smaller gear. Pretty sure that sled is geared 25/45, you could drop down to 23/45 and see how you like it. Very easy to change the gears, just open the chain case and swap the gear out, put cover back on and refill with 8oz of lube.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Thanks

I suspected it would be an easy adjustment.... I had a few chats with "others" and some advise the gear box is gonna explode?....and yet it performs flawlessly.

Cool

G

·
2nd Whore in command
102,099 Posts
Yeah changing the gears is very easy, you just unbolt the cover on the chain case and undo the nut holding the top gear on, swap it out and bolt it back together........20 minute job. I dont think your going to grenade the case just cause of that track change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts