Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hearing what sounds like track chatter coming from the tunnel/track. It is more noticeable now than it was a month ago. It only chatters when the sled is moving. I currently have the track off the ground and have maybe a quarter inch of space between the track and hyfax. The sound seems to come from the left side so am wondering maybe a clutch or drive belt issue?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I am guessing the noise you are hearing might be the guide cleats striking the hyfax due to misalignment. Check your track alignment. Track must not only be at correct tension, but aligned as well. check by measuring from edge of rear idler to edge of track. Needs to be equal on each side..tension should be 1/2" I believe, yours seems a little over tight at 1/4". I would back the track tension right off and bring the track to 1/2" of sag at center and then check alignment. If uneven, tighten the side that has largest measurement or back off the smaller side, whatever is needed to maintain correct tension and achieve proper alignment. Start the sled and give the track a spin between adjustments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts