Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having troubles getting their track (1.6 Cobra Ice) set to the proper sag (1-1/4") and centered? When I get the track centered on the sliders, I notice one side (non-PTO side) it tighter than the other side (PTO side). When I adjust the track sag so it's even on both sides, I notice the track isn't centered. The left side (PTO side) is closer to the sliders. Ugh! Is this because of the (3) bogie wheels versus (4)?

Maybe I'm too picky.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Same issue, and I put a 4th wheel kit on. Get the tension close, center it and send it,

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I’ve been in the same position as you. As mentioned, Center it and get the tension close and you’re good. A small variance in side to side track tension won’t hurt a thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can anyone advise me how to loosen a rear wheel bolt that is stuck? When I try to loosen the right wheel, it just spins the left side bolt. If I hold the left side, while trying to loosen the right side, it actually lossens the left. UPDATE: It appears that the right bolt goes all the way through to the left side and just the left side technically has to be loosened!

Also if I do not have the tensioning gauge, is there a rule of thumb to use when adjusting in warm garage? I think my track was way too tight as there was not even 1 inch of slack when up on jack stand.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Which two fingers :blink: ? Two of my fingers on top of each other are 1 3/4". That seems like a lot of slack!
Index and middle finger on me, it's 1 1/2 inch, spec is 1 1/4 I believe. If yours is 1 3/4 make it so it's real tight on your fingers. I typically only get one side or the other that tight as the opposite will end up being looser to center the track, which is more important than having the sides equal. Once you get a feel for it it takes 5 minutes to do. Don't overthink it too much it has to be pretty loose to ratchet.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Index and middle finger on me, it's 1 1/2 inch, spec is 1 1/4 I believe. If yours is 1 3/4 make it so it's real tight on your fingers. I typically only get one side or the other that tight as the opposite will end up being looser to center the track, which is more important than having the sides equal. Once you get a feel for it it takes 5 minutes to do. Don't overthink it too much it has to be pretty loose to ratchet.
I used to do the same till I talked to some high end drag racers this summer. Will be running mine much tighter then that this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts