Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm working on my old sled for my brother in law. The sliding sheave on the clutch has a bit of movement / wobble if you grab it on the outside and move one side in and the other side out. (see attached pic) My tra on my rev deosn't do this and assumed the pressed in bushings in the sheave were worn. I

ve changed them twice on my rev with 17 000 Kms as they have gone out of spec.

After i took it apart and measured the bushings, (in red in 2nd pic below), looked in the manual to see what the wear limit was assuming these are worn.. The manual doesn't list wear specs and says to replace them if they are worn or damaged. They are not damaged to my eye and are smooth and have alot of bushing left in them compared to what i saw on my rev, but its the only thing that i can think of that would allow the clutch to wobble in and out if i push onside in and and the other out. I don't have to put much force on it.

the sheave bushing (number 3 on diagram) measures 37.9 m. The small bushing in the spring retainer (number 10 in diagram) is 26.9mm. the shoes look to be good with one or two o rings being shot.

Thoughts?

1PnlvbJ.png

54aPwXN.png

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have you checked the condition of the splines where the outer governor cup mates to the fixed half shaft? Once these wear you get that kind of play. Also, don't overlook those rivets that fasten the outer black, damper since they can loosen too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check out the info Joey has posted on his website here: https://www.ibackshift.com/article/-162.asp

The dimensions you have listed are much lower than those posted on the site so it's possible you're within spec or your clutch is different than the one shown. Maybe you could contact Joe (or he might come across this posting) and he will be able to confirm your numbers.

I'm rebuilding a 2011 800 clutch and have the same questions/problem. I purchased new bushings but they measure up very close to the existing bushings and are within the posted "Service Limit". However, there still seems to be a lot of "slop" in the fitment and measurements show I'm outside of the max clearance spec. I suspect maybe the shaft on the stationary sheave is under tolerance, but can't see how it would have worn given the bushings should be the softer (sacrificial) pieces in the assembly.

Anyone know what the shaft measurement should be??

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you checked the condition of the splines where the outer governor cup mates to the fixed half shaft? Once these wear you get that kind of play. Also, don't overlook those rivets that fasten the outer black, damper since they can loosen too.
well. I was wondering about the splines myself, but the governor cap is stationary when i wiggle the sheave. I will put it back on and take a closer look.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out the info Joey has posted on his website here: https://www.ibackshift.com/article/-162.asp

The dimensions you have listed are much lower than those posted on the site so it's possible you're within spec or your clutch is different than the one shown. Maybe you could contact Joe (or he might come across this posting) and he will be able to confirm your numbers.

I'm rebuilding a 2011 800 clutch and have the same questions/problem. I purchased new bushings but they measure up very close to the existing bushings and are within the posted "Service Limit". However, there still seems to be a lot of "slop" in the fitment and measurements show I'm outside of the max clearance spec. I suspect maybe the shaft on the stationary sheave is under tolerance, but can't see how it would have worn given the bushings should be the softer (sacrificial) pieces in the assembly.

Anyone know what the shaft measurement should be??
Yah i checked his site after i couldn't find them in the manual but the specs are for a different clutch comepletely.

I will check the fixed sheave and measure the diameter. I looked over the shaft (sled is at my parents, i live 4 streets over) and it looked normal without any pitting, scratches on it.. And you are correct, the bushings should wear long before the shaft.. The sled has 6000 kms on it.

In my rev, with a new bushing the its a mm or less before its out of spec again.. i'm using digital calipers and check ed4 times with the same number with one test being .1mm different then the when what i posted.

maybe i will call the doo dealer and see what they say if i don't get much feedback here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts