Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,444 Posts
oconnor marine said:
What are TPI valves? What do they do?? etc...?
[snapback]293280[/snapback]​
If I'm thinking of the right things they are adjustable valves for varying airflow resistance through the airbox. They are I think pretty much useless on Doos (like airbox gutting). They'll likely just increase your sled's temperature and altitude sensitivity with little or no performance gains.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,509 Posts
I bought mine from bill cudney and he claims they give u 2-3 more H.P on top end, they mount in the back of your airbox, and u can adjust the opening on them to what temp ure gonna be running in. No jetting required, what worked best for me i jetted down one size on my mains, with my valves fully open. U wont run any hotter in average temp conditions, and the performance will be there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
ttt

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
BTANK said:
I bought mine from bill cudney and he claims they give u 2-3 more H.P on top end, they mount in the back of your airbox, and u can adjust the opening on them to what temp ure gonna be running in. No jetting required, what worked best for me i jetted down one size on my mains, with my valves fully open. U wont run any hotter in average temp conditions, and the performance will be there.
[snapback]293309[/snapback]​

·
Registered
369 Posts
oconnor marine said:
What are TPI valves? What do they do?? etc...?
[snapback]293280[/snapback]​
they help keep the engine compartment under a constant vacuum. very good at keeping the belt residue from building up on the inside of the left side panel. everybody that's fast, run's 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.