Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like you can order the LED lighting from the Commander Touratech for 2017? The build and price piece for an Expedition doesn't really give you much information, other than they are listed as possible accessories. Kind of interesting.

·
Cains Guest
1,642 Posts
Looks like you can order the LED lighting from the Commander Touratech for 2017? The build and price piece for an Expedition doesn't really give you much information, other than they are listed as possible accessories. Kind of interesting.
I believe it was a side light to be used when you had gear in front of the factory headlights on that fancy front rack.

I was surprised to see the ONLY difference on the 2017 Xtreme was the price is up $400 can. and it looks like a single adjust rear pro 36

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same graphics and everything? Is that normal for the utility sleds?

I didn't notice the shock difference. Now I see what you mean. Looks like the shock is mounted opposite way and I can see an adjustment knob.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That Touratech extra light is a good deal.. We got those lights in our training Sleds and I loved it.. The light is powerful enough even to use it as a search light.

We were able to break some of those on-off switches that were attached to the steering bar, but otherwise the light was good. Those lights were attached by using RAM-mount arms and ball, so the light is nicely adjustable.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think there referring to this rack.
3936845951440d324c2053299459d58c.jpg

You would think they would have some nice slick bright lights for the skandic/ expedition sleds seeing on what and how there used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
False alarm I guess. The website was quite messy when it first launched. I just went back and looked and it seems they took out the lighting stuff from the Xtreme's accessory list.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't notice the arms but I wouldn't mind having them, I have slid over a few stumps with the arms, they don't really have a lot of ground clearance IMO.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no idea, but it seems Lynx gets some goodies that we never see that would be nice to have.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was just wondering that why is it not possible to order these Touratech parts forexample to Expedition Extreme? It the Sleds have strict marketing areas, I believe that the additional parts are more easier to order.. It may not be the cheapest solution, but it should be possible.

The Touratech extras are extremely good quality.. That front bumper is a really heavy duty and the rear rack is also very tough.. And those extra racks really can hold the load you want to carry with.. And those aluminium boxes.... Owww Mama.. :)

And about that RAM mount of that Touratech Light.. It was attached to the hood of the Sled. In the Touratech solution, the RAM-bar attached to the rack tube and I believe It is a better solution, but the ball attachment worked quite nice also.

Reactions: Skeld

·
Registered
522 Posts
My buddy contacted Touratech about it and Touratech North America dident even know that stuff existed let alone how to get it. It's good quality stuff all stainless steel. It's pricy and he looked into shipping and that wasent cheep either. A group buy and split a crate would be best bet. Those arms are $$$ but nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep.. That is the picture I have dreamed about.. That IS a marvellous Sled and it handles quite nice also.. And as a surprice for me, it wasn´t that heavy to ride.. Of course it is heavy to lift and push, when get stuck, but still It may be one of the most -go anywhere and do what ever you want and carry everything you need- type of snowmobile. And It surely looks good with fully equipped.

Sadly, it is way too expensive for me... :sad_old:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I thought I would make a kind of price list on some of the Touratech stuff for the NA crowd.

To make the "exchange rate" I took the price of three common XU accessories/items (xtra large windshield, XU HD rear bumper and full body skidplate for Expys). That gave me a factor of roughly 10. So dividing NOK prices by 10 gives (hopefully) ballpark figures:

Prices in USD.

860201324_front_bumper.jpg

$379

860201325_front_rack.jpg

$449

860201336_reinforcement_kit.jpg

Tunnel bracing $149

860201329_side_tube_set_and_lower_rear_r

Bottom rear rack $589

860201335_upper_rear_rack.jpg

Top rear rack $520

860201330_large_pannier.jpg

Large cargo box; a massive $1030

Think the lights where around $350, not sure if that was for one or two...

Expensive accessories indeed :wacko_old:

Link to Lynx accessories etc. http://www.brppac.com/pac/lynx/lisavarusteet/suojat (Hope it work in NA. I have to use a VPN client in my browser to access to the Ski-Doo acc. store)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts