Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got some really bad news today. The cost to fix my '08 freestyle is going to far exceed it's worth and i just can't put the money into it. Needs left front suspension, suspension mounts, and a few more parts. Hit a hidden sewer pipe last year and the front end is pretty banged up and I didn't have collision. Looking for suggestions on what you guys think is the best move with what's left of the sled? Sell it to a salvage, List it on here for sale, piece it out listed on Doo Talk and elsewhere? It's the Red Freestyle Park 550 with matching red and white pilot 5.7s.

Half of the front suspension, the rear suspension, seat, engine are all in good condition. What are your thoughts? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Is that dealer quote?

Is that a RAS? Plenty of people selling off their old RAS because of RAS2 upgrades. Checked into used parts?

May not be near as expensive as you think. Friend of my sons was able to fix his machine for less than $500 after hitting a rock. Dealer told him $2200. He just took his time and watched ebay and craigslist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BearAK - That's a rough estimate from an old ski doo mechanic that's a family friend working out of his shop. The entire front end needed to be pulled off which is more time than I was willing to put into it myself. That would be all new parts as it needs a good amount and he needed to pull more off but decided we were at a good stopping point to figure out how far I wanted to go.

Not sure if it's the RAS or RAS2?!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mashed the front end on my tundra, also got an estimate of around $2k. Ended up just taking the front end apart, replacing the nun and reassembling. Not too painful, total cost around $500 in parts.

It's kind of a daunting project to look at, but you might be surprised at how easily things go back together. Good luck!
830def049177182efd9975fb10ddd757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have similar pics somewhere of my 08 tundra 300. Bought it as a write off. Front end wrecked. Former owner had only ran a few tanks through before it got smashed.
Spent about a 1g in parts, some I was able to salvage, quite a few hours labour later she was good as new. Worked well for quite a few years for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts