Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this has been discussed at length, but I can't find the answer to my specific question when I searched those threads.
I have a 2022 Renegade X 900R, added a 1+1 seat. After the discussions here at that time, I went with the 503092270/271 rear torsion springs.
I go about 250lbs, g/f goes a buck fifty or sixty.
When solo touring with LinQ luggage, I have to run the 270/271 springs on 4+ on the Quick Adjust dial on the running board.
When the g/f and I went out last evening for the first time on the 1+1 seat, with the dial cranked full (5+), it bottomed out on everything larger than a marsh-mellow at anything over 30 km/h.
The shocks were serviced this past fall.
My question is, should I be going with the 593106202/203, which is the next stiffest in the chart for the Renegade X (and standard on the Grand Touring LTD), or should I be going with the next stiffer ones from the OEM Grand Touring Limited in the chart (503191481/483)?
Is the 593106202/203 noticeably stiffer than the 503092270/271 that I have now?

Attachments

· Registered
1,697 Posts
270/271 with eye spacers. We end up 300# 2 up and I'm on cam #1. I can't really see a need for more spring.

Sounds like a shock issue. Doesn't the X have the Pro 40 adjustable?

I would also do spacers as the next logical step of progression

Reactions: alainm

· Registered
404 Posts
I put 202 203 in before I even rode it as brp recommended for over 200 lbs iam about 260 gear and gas iam set at 1 on spring cam and 2 1/2 on sag mine has SS I dont bottom out and rides great for me I think a lot of people went 270/271 as they could not get 202/203 I know lots are going to say all you need is 270 71 but I think you said it your self they dont work for you

· Premium Member
475 Posts
I ran the 270/1 on my MachZ last year. I'm, 265 in street clothes, back pack riding with a full fuel can and tons of gear, tools, etc., probably carrying 80 pounds. 270/1 handled pretty well, preload 3, some bottoming when we were pushing. (despite being old and back packing, we still lay it down now and again, trying to force our overweight 4 strokes around the twisties). This year, 202/203 combo, preload 1,seems about the same with less instances of bottoming. One slight negative, the rebound is a little quick, the shock in "comfort mode" could use a little more rebound damping.

· Registered
2022 XRS Renegade 900 R Turbo
1,509 Posts
I ran the 270/1 on my MachZ last year. I'm, 265 in street clothes, back pack riding with a full fuel can and tons of gear, tools, etc., probably carrying 80 pounds. 270/1 handled pretty well, preload 3, some bottoming when we were pushing. (despite being old and back packing, we still lay it down now and again, trying to force our overweight 4 strokes around the twisties). This year, 202/203 combo, preload 1,seems about the same with less instances of bottoming. One slight negative, the rebound is a little quick, the shock in "comfort mode" could use a little more rebound damping.
You could try running one side 270 & the other with a 202 spring

· Registered
Renegade XRS 900R
68 Posts
I too think like Diesel Pro, maybe a Shock issue , I just got mine refreshed after 3000km, At 260lbs run the 270/271 with preload at 1 now compared to 3 before, Check with a Shock Professional.

· Registered
2,528 Posts
No question that your rear shock is sacked out. You need it refreshed.
Get them all done.

· Registered
1,697 Posts
I had my XRS skid shocks done by P1. I may move to a dual adjust with Hygear PBV's in the future, but they work so well as it is.

Factory springs had way too much sag so I started a thread on the 270/271. I run these springs with eye spacers on preload 1 coupling blocks on 3. I also run a 300# straight rate center spring and am quite happy with this setup. I ride same setup solo at 225#+/- as I do at 2 up 300# +/- with Grandson in fact Saturday I let him drive and I was on the back and no concerns at all with rear support, compliance etc. Only thing I change is maybe a couple clicks on the rear shock between solo and 2 up. Flap is just above the ground.

As I recall the 270/271 has a larger diameter eye than the OE springs plus another full wrap on the coil. I wonder if the 203's have the same wraps as the factory springs?

· Registered
387 Posts
I ran 538-539 last year on my mach but kept tail fairly high. I installed 202-203 this weekend and really liked them better. Both torsions were with hygear bushing and I weight 230 no gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2022 Renegade XRS 900R
25 Posts
I weigh ~280lbs in street clothes and played this gave over the past year. Diesel Pro is spot on with the 270/271 springs + hygear spacers IMO.

I was bottoming out stock springs like crazy, went to 270s with spacers last year and was between 3/4 cam adjuster with all gear 3gal caddy plus linq bag. This season I was worried I would need to bump up to the 202/203 springs this season, after te springs set in a bit. We'll I can tell you these rode very stiff! I was on 1 with spacers and my sled felt like a 3/4 ton truck pogoing down the trail. Swapped the 270 springs back in last ride and man what a difference in comfort and still in the 2-3" sag range.

Just to note I bumped up my center spring tender stiffer as well to ~225# from 197# factory this season as well.

· Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.....
1,303 Posts
I've got a NEW (still in their boxes) set of 270/71 torsions if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts