Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
I have an 05 800HO and while on the Grand Marais Doo talk ride, my sled acted like it had a fouled plug, it was warm outside (45f) and while changing plugs, noticed the Mag side carb boot between the carb and reed cage was torn across the top. Had to tow it back then trailer back to Grand Marais. Anyone have or hear of this happening before??
In the pic you can see the tear between the two small mtg bolts

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was just looking into this mine are torn with 1200 miles on it had to buy the reeads and all $272.00 b.s. how many miles are on yours? I thought only a 03 problem?

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
I had a rip in mine at 1200 miles as well, my warranty was up so i had to dig $90 out of my pocket.

·
Registered
193 Posts
mine went on the 2004 800 HO, a few weeks back just like yours, I did a post awhile back asking how many pistons this has wiped out. I shut mine down a soon as I felt something went south in my engine, no damage, dealer did warrent the new boots

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mxzrevman said:
reed boot dry rotted = siezed motor
[snapback]346951[/snapback]​
Sorry to Hear that mxzrevman, My dealer warrented both boots but only one was torn, he did not want to chance it, neither did I. Have been good the past month after it happened, and I doo check them often. Looks like we will get at least another weekend in here in Michigan, now is the time of the year you can only go week by week.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Mine did the same ,04 800. I don't think it's dry rot ,looks like a lamination problem. Also check the inside under the reed case mine wore through.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Rev Kev said:
I have an 05 800HO and while on the Grand Marais Doo talk ride, my sled acted like it had a fouled plug, it was warm outside (45f) and while changing plugs, noticed the Mag side carb boot between the carb and reed cage was torn across the top. Had to tow it back then trailer back to Grand Marais. Anyone have or hear of this happening before??
In the pic you can see the tear between the two small mtg bolts
[snapback]301583[/snapback]​
mine is at the dealer right now getting total top end rebuild and was done when they found the boot was separating inside. waiting for replacement boots now. al least i'm gonna start next season off with a complete fresh new engine.!! hopefully that'll turn out to be a good thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine was also ripped but I think it happened when I removed the carb after the engine had a hole in the block but the reed valves were both junk anyway. Good for you guys checking that right away. If you kept riding it it would have leaned and blown. Delamination is a huge problem with the reeds I replaced my 03 reeds with 04 don't know if that will help I am hoping

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is total BULL sh&%!!!! Mine are kind of delaminating and I had to put some form a gasket crap between them and the reed blocks to make a good seal. Dealer tells me BRP won't warranty them. I'm getting sick of all these problems with Ski-Doo's! I left Cat hoping to be rid of all this worrying about stupid stuff!! Now all I have to worry about are rings, pistons cracking, carb boots, reed blocks, sticking oil pumps, chains breaking, Y pipe bolts coming lose, front A arm bushings, crank bearings, and I could go on and on!! Last year my wife had to tow my brand new Rev with her two year old Cat! I think I'm getting way too old to be wrenching on my sled when I'm not riding it. This is the first year in my life that I'm carrying a tow rope and I've been riding for over 36 years!
Well next year I will get my first taste of Yamaha and if that turns out to be crap then atleast I could say I gave them all a try

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
I'll be checking mine tonight!!!. I am in the process of replacing the rings. Comp dropped from 152 in November to 122 on Saturday. Seemed a bit slugish on the last ride. Every thing else looked great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts