Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done many topend rebuilds,but none with cageless bearings. My questions are. Do I need any special tools for this, and is there anything special I need to know for this? Any input will be deeply appricated.

Thanks in advance:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
KPO55 said:
I have done many topend rebuilds,but none with cageless bearings. My questions are. Do I need any special tools for this, and is there anything special I need to know for this? Any input will be deeply appricated.

Thanks in advance:
[snapback]707387[/snapback]​
Be careful when pulling them out, that is the main thing. There are 28 of them for each piston.

When installing them everything you need is included with the new bearings. They were really simple to do.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
therealsnowdog said:
KPO55 said:

Thanks in advance:
Be careful when pulling them out, that is the main thing. There are 28 of them for each piston.

When installing them everything you need is included with the new bearings. They were really simple to do.
[snapback]707391[/snapback]​
Put something over the case to keep bearings from falling in there. I use a magnet and as I pull the pin out of the piston stick the magnet in the other side and start pulling out the bearings works like a charm. If your going to be reinstalling Doo's cageless bearings they are a piece of cake, slide the bearing into the connecting rod pushing the outside plastic piece off (leave the inside on in for now. The put your piston on and slide piston pin in pushing out the inner plastic piece. Works great every time. Good luck with the install.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
KPO55 said:

Thanks in advance:
Use a 14mm socket-a craftsman deepwell has the correct diameter. Push the pin out with the deepwell and the replace the deepwell with a shallow 14mm. Remove piston. Reinstall new piston and push shallow socket out with piston pin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.