Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Raider Rider said:
Whats the top speed of a pre rev zx 440 set up for trail?Also what are the things to look at when buying a used one?Thanks guys.Bob
[snapback]708656[/snapback]​
I got the 02 zx440...90 is about all its got, but you get to 80 VERY QUICK. One thing i didnt do when i bought my sled(payed for it later)...i didnt bring my compression tester. And i payed the price for that. Also check the track make sure its not missing lugs/studs, make sure the hyfax/sliders arent worn out. And the big thing is taking it for a nice little ride to make sure its running good throughout the RPMS...the number one thing to do i think is a compression test...cause parts are really spendy...goodluck

02 MXZX 440

·
Registered
75 Posts
my buddys 02 mxzx will keep with my 800 machz up to about 75 i beleive it will top about 80 but man that lil [email protected] is quick and the rider weighs about 225 lbs he is set up for trails, with low comp domes ect ect.. when he got it it dint run wortha crap, had to remove and dissasemble the carbs and clean the heck outta them, also his came with 260 250 jets, wayyyy lean so he installed i beleive they were 310 320 jets, also if you get a 02 be sure to remove the electric power valves in the carbs, and check/ and clean them his were sticky so i cleaned them with a lil wd 40 and tested them with a atv battery till they actuated, also check compression that is very important.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts