Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm thinking about gettin a 1999 mxzx 440 and i'm wondering whats the top speed on them with trail heads? And also what are they like on gas? Thanks for your help

Andrew

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
007rev600 said:
Hey, I'm thinking about gettin a 1999 mxzx 440 and i'm wondering whats the top speed on them with trail heads? And also what are they like on gas? Thanks for your help

Andrew
[snapback]689006[/snapback]​
From what i have read bout 90 i think, dont quote me on it because thats what i think it is might be more actually.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Highest I've seen is 85 on speedo, stock track and 96 studs. That was with 20/43.

·
Registered
683 Posts
91 on the speedo this past weekend. It was on a lake with about 3 inches of snow but I was following the path of someone who went across a little earlier.

Same setup as above - 03, trail set-up, 20/43 gears, stock track and 96 studs.

·
Registered
290 Posts
On my '99 I was hitting about 90 with 21/43 gearing. Like others have said, if you want top speed and good gas mileage, you should look for a different sled. I'm actually going to gear mine 19/43 for more accleration but a lower top speed.

I have a buddy with a '00 600 and he gets better mileage and more top speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine generally will hit 85-89 mph on speedo...fully stock with 96 studs. As far as gas goes it will take as much as say a 700 or 800 depending on how hard it is being pushed if not alittle more. Generally my girlfriend drives this sled and gets the same gas mileage as my 700 and she would probably hit the most at 60 to 70 mph. My 99 is very reliable though not problems at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chromer_14 said:
if your worried about top speed and gas milage...maybe the 440 isn't what your looking for
[snapback]689352[/snapback]​
I'm just wondering what they are like and if its worh buying one for shagging around on and hitting a few jumps. Just wanted to see what the speeds are like on them and what kind of gas mileage?

·
Registered
360 Posts
speeds usually range from 70-90 depending on temp, snow conditions, clutch / gearing set-up ect...I usually burn just the same or more than the guys that have the 800's (Stock)

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
So far I've clocked 77 mph on my GPS with my 03 440X GADE with 20/45 gears and a 136X15X2" holey paddle track with 9" wheels. This was down a groomed trail and ran out of room. But WHO can read that tiny digital readout on the bottom of their tach ripping down a trail??? My huge riser gets in the way.

With a Tempaflow or ATACC you'll get around 10 mpg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have a 99 440 and ive had it at about 90. as for gas.....it all depends on how you ride. i use just a little more gas than the other guys we ride with but its because im always spinning the track and its geared low

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i've hit 96mph on radar with my 99 and i've heard of ppl doing 110mph, when my machanic was setting up my sled he asked me if i wanted it set up for 110 but who wants that muhc speed on a zx, if i wanted speed then i'd go and buy a machz 1000 or soemthing like that

·
Registered
527 Posts
440x 19/43 chaincase... 82 mph. IF you get over 85 mph actual speed you would be very fortunate. SORRY... TOP SPEED IS NOT IN OR VOCABULARY. torque, jumping, holeshots & lightweight are the words of choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2000 440 and I rode last weekend and put on like a 120 miles and burned 15 gallons of gas, about 8 miles to a gallon. Not very good. I pulled over by the cop on my way back and he clocked me a 87 mph and that was pretty much tapped. I don't have studs and the sled is bone stk. I was actually thinking about selling it and buying another atv. If you are interested I am near the twin cities minnesota. The sled is a 2000 zx chassis 440. Absolutely mint no dents dings, the hood is practically new no scratches. It is all stk except for the handlebars are raised up and it has a power madd adjustable riser. Everything else is near mint. I had the shocks revalved for me 190 lbs. It has 150 psi both sides, runs perfect, mix my gas @ 36:1 and haven't fouled a plug yet.
I would like to get 2500.00.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts