Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The best I saw was 100-103. I was not in ideal conditions, like a plowed road and cold temps. I think this is a true speed since the track sticks pretty well. What have you seen? I have 800 miles on mine now and is a bone stock 05.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I took mine for the first ride last Friday and racked up 170 miles. Machine is 100% totally stock and not studded. Towards the end of the day, I pinned it on a groomed railroad trail. 102 mph was tops according to the speedo. That was holding it for a mile. Definitely not a top end machine like the Thundercat I sold last summer, but it's definitely performs extremely well on the trail. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Ski-Dooer
2,296 Posts
05 gade 800 x. stock. 110 digital speedo....104.0 gps

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Snowcrazy, I sold my 2000 T Cat also. I ride with him and he can take me on a long straight but out of the hole and on the trail I can take him. He is rather new so i don't want to push him. There is a ton of power there but the ride is junk. I rode it the other day and the position and ride are horrible. He didn't want to give mine back. Good thing I brought a knife, I had to cut his hands off because he would not let go
So I gave a little top end, I would have only gotten in trouble with it anyway.

·
Registered
478 Posts
MotionMan said:
Snowcrazy, I sold my 2000 T Cat also. I ride with him and he can take me on a long straight but out of the hole and on the trail I can take him. He is rather new so i don't want to push him. There is a ton of power there but the ride is junk. I rode it the other day and the position and ride are horrible. He didn't want to give mine back. Good thing I brought a knife, I had to cut his hands off because he would not let go
So I gave a little top end, I would have only gotten in trouble with it anyway.

[snapback]259543[/snapback]​
I experienced the same thing. I let my buddy ride my sled for a few and he didn't want to get off either! He kept raving how comfortable and natural it felt through the bumps and trails. I had a hard time keeping up with him when I was on his sled. We rode around the Irons-Cadillac trails. I miss the 99 TCat power in the straights, but 95% of the time I'd rather be on the Gade. Are you having the darting problems like everyone else? It was getting a little scary everytime we rode an icy road. Had to hold the bars really firm to keep from darting. Other than that, outstanding sled!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.