Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 600HO,has chrome rings and have done tt670's updates.Also have added adjustabe pins with 17.5g weights.Finially got a chance for a long pull this weekend and held steady at 99 mph.Off the line rpm was steady on 8200 all the way to 99,stayed at 99.Would like a little more top end.My wife on a totally stock Legend 600 had to keep letting off because hers is faster.So do I need to slow hers down(just kidding)or do I need a little more pin weight,or even a gear change.I put the felt marker line on the clutch and about a half an inch remains.Over all it runs great and is very responsive throughout all trail conditions.In the woods when getting on it out of a corner it consistently pulls 8200 right away so I must be close.Just hoping to be able to beat her across the lake.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You are over reving. Try 1 more gram pin weight.

G

·
Sounds like you got a nice shift on your primary so don't play with your clickers. Drop at least one tooth on the top gear, if you're still running stock gearing, and add a little more pin weight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
doothehodag said:
I have an 03 600HO,has chrome rings and have done tt670's updates.Also have added adjustabe pins with 17.5g weights.Finially got a chance for a long pull this weekend and held steady at 99 mph.Off the line rpm was steady on 8200 all the way to 99,stayed at 99.Would like a little more top end.My wife on a totally stock Legend 600 had to keep letting off because hers is faster.So do I need to slow hers down(just kidding)or do I need a little more pin weight,or even a gear change.I put the felt marker line on the clutch and about a half an inch remains.Over all it runs great and is very responsive throughout all trail conditions.In the woods when getting on it out of a corner it consistently pulls 8200 right away so I must be close.Just hoping to be able to beat her across the lake.
[snapback]703777[/snapback]​
My riding partner has 04 600 HO and has not made TT670 changes. But has very bad gas mileage. Did the changes help your gas mileage? We went past pine harbor in Rhinelander at 100 plus yesterday so his power is there. My 500 ss stays up pretty well with him on his HO. Same engine as 600 legend. Did you get
jets etc from a dealer in Rhinelander area? We are both from Rhinelander.
Both of us are 240 pounds in riding gear. my SS gets 6 mpg better on gas than his HO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
My riding partner has 04 600 HO and has not made TT670 changes. But has very bad gas mileage. Did the changes help your gas mileage? We went past pine harbor in Rhinelander at 100 plus yesterday so his power is there. My 500 ss stays up pretty well with him on his HO. Same engine as 600 legend. Did you get
Both of us are 240 pounds in riding gear. my SS gets 6 mpg better on gas than his HO.
[snapback]704674[/snapback]​
Before the updates,always got around 10mpg.Now I get 13-14 and is much more enjoyable to ride.Got all the stuff for tt670's update from the dealer in Clintonville.Great people to deal with and worth the drive to buy a sled.So how was the heave past Pine Harbor?I have not been there since the Hodag 50 weekend,stayed at Pine Harbor way to long that night.

·
Registered
8 Posts
doothehodag said:
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
Before the updates,always got around 10mpg.Now I get 13-14 and is much more enjoyable to ride.Got all the stuff for tt670's update from the dealer in Clintonville.Great people to deal with and worth the drive to buy a sled.So how was the heave past Pine Harbor?I have not been there since the Hodag 50 weekend,stayed at Pine Harbor way to long that night.
[snapback]705666[/snapback]​

·
Registered
8 Posts
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
[snapback]705914[/snapback]​
The ice on the lake since the warmup the friday before the Hodag 50 has not been good however we did find a good track past the pine harbor but it was narrow. Did you have some good pictures of the flatside carbs to use in the installation of the jets . We only have the owners manual which doesn't show much. Glad to hear you got a good improvement in mileage. We do not seem to get much help from local dealers on the HO improvements as they just want to sell you a new SDI.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Max RPM on the carbed 600s is 8000, try a bit more weight (like stated above) Keep the clickers on #3

Gain a tooth on the top or loose one on the bottom to get a bit more speed out of her.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
olebear60 said:
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
olebear60 said:
doothehodag said:
[snapback]705914[/snapback]​
The ice on the lake since the warmup the friday before the Hodag 50 has not been good however we did find a good track past the pine harbor but it was narrow. Did you have some good pictures of the flatside carbs to use in the installation of the jets . We only have the owners manual which doesn't show much. Glad to hear you got a good improvement in mileage. We do not seem to get much help from local dealers on the HO improvements as they just want to sell you a new SDI.
[snapback]705945[/snapback]​
Be glad to help you do the updates.pm me for my phone number and I will try to find some time to help.I will be gone until sun. pm.Am going to Silver City,Mi. for a long weekend.Also be glad to hook you up with my dealer.I did not take any pictures,am kind of helpless when it comes to downloading pictures.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Max RPM on the carbed 600s is 8000, try a bit more weight (like stated above) Keep the clickers on #3

Gain a tooth on the top or loose one on the bottom to get a bit more speed out of her.
[snapback]705957[/snapback]​
Everyone says the Doo tachs are off by about 200 rpm,so shouldn't 8200 be perfect?

·
Registered
127 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:

If your only shifted to a 1/2" from top of primary you have'nt gone far enough on shift out.Add more pin weight about 1 short= .9 gm should do it, if not add 1 more.

G

·
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Most Doo's are way ove rgeared as it is. Gearing up may only make it worse. Gear it down and the primary may finally shift out all the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.