Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to order parts for top end rebuild. My 03 440 has about 800 miles on it with decent compression but would like to freshen it up after this season. I can get Wiseco kits for less than half what doo gets for all the parts seperate. I know about the cast vs. forged piston expansion etc differences and I do a good job of warming up my sleds in general. Anybody have real bad experiences with Wiseco pistons in their 440? Also, does everyone replace the pin bearings at every rebuild?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
We use the SPI coated pistons in our sleds they are even better price than wiseco ,just switch to a caged bearing when doing your rebuild it will be alot easier to keep maintained that way, $60.00 each for pistons and they are veryu dependable.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
So SPI makes pistons for the 440's?

·
Registered
321 Posts
robm said:
So SPI makes pistons for the 440's?
[snapback]741416[/snapback]​
I use straitline performace pistons in mine. They seem to hold up better than the doo pistons. and Jason can do the piston mod to them. to make a little more power. I haven't had very good luck with wisco. But I have only ran them one time and it blew up. so that was the end of that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
dyna-tek racing said:
We use the SPI coated pistons in our sleds they are even better price than wiseco ,just switch to a caged bearing when doing your rebuild it will be alot easier to keep maintained that way, $60.00 each for pistons and they are veryu dependable.
[snapback]741363[/snapback]​
Any info on where to get the SPI pistons, the caged bearings and rings from? Also, any part numbers would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Info on pistons and other parts pm me or call todd at 1-260-833-2536 or 316-2839.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
You can get the SPI pistons from HiPerf.com. I am a pit man for a friends race teem we have a sponsor ship with HPE. I have orderd some for a couple of sleds

·
Registered
683 Posts
2MNYTYS said:
dyna-tek racing said:
[snapback]741363[/snapback]​
Any info on where to get the SPI pistons, the caged bearings and rings from? Also, any part numbers would be great.

Thanks
[snapback]741669[/snapback]​
This guy usually has a couple of sets listed:

http://search.stores.ebay.ca/Powersports-O...5233189QQsofpZ0

I would probably get the gasket set from Wiseco and the base gasket from Doo and caged bearings from Wiseco or Doo. Wiseco comes with a basegasket but I have no idea what the thickness is and they could not tell me. It was thicker though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
zx_rider said:
I mic'd the wiseco base gasket that comes in their kit. I believe that it was about .5 mm thick. Can't remember 100% for sure.
[snapback]743947[/snapback]​
I thought of doing that but then was not sure if the measurement should be when torqued or pre torqued. Anyway, I just decided to take the mystery out and buy the BRP one. I guess if you mic a new Wiseco and then mic new BRP's and find one with the same thickness that should give an indicator ( i.e. .3mm gasket = .3mm on the mic). Or even just micing a new BRP to see if the spec is pre torqued than that should tell ya.

Course being the thrifty arse I am, I saved the Wiseco one for a rainy day (jees I'm a packrat ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.