Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all should be in a trail tool kit? I've got what skidoo gave, but with all the experience here, what else should every tool kit have in it? I feel the skidoo one is a little light, but maybe it isn't. Are there any spare parts that people bring along with them, other than spark plug and an extra belt?

·
Registered
109 Posts
One of the major things I like to bring is a rope with a slight hook on it in case your recoil breaks you can wrap it around your clutch and start to sled again

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I carry a tool kit that weights about 8lbs. It has the wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers etc that fit my sled. Plus fuses, electrical tape, flashlight, batteries, zip ties, spring puller, foldable saw, leatherman, extra visor cord and probably some other stuff. Seems excessive but I have used a fair amount of it. Once loaned a crescent wrench to a groomer who was trying to fix a hydraulic line.

·
Registered
514 Posts
17mm and 15mm and 10mm wrenches, needlenose plyers, locking plyers, Zip ties, tuck tape, electrical tape, small hammer, lighter, toilet paper, isopropyl alcohol, and a cell phone.
I carry a spare wheel with a bearing and clip inside it. This all in addition to a belt and plugs (two spare pair).

Soak the tp in IA and light it to make a fire to stay warm while you call for help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts