Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like your ideas on what you bring along, what you pack it in and.... ideally, if you have found a way to mount your kit o your sled.

If there are other threads that cover this let me know but i'm really looking for the mountain riders (G4) perspective.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I deleted my headlights and carry a bag of tools in the delete. Got lots of tools and a 50 foot tow rope because it's still a 850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
228 Posts
I carry everything from the stock tool kit, then I carry tools to pull chaincase off and a 10mm with rachet and extension to pull muffler off. A flash light a knife I had leathermen pliers but they fell apart in the bag from shaking around. A good strong tow strap and some normal rope. Duct tape and electrical tape and an extra liter of oil. I carry it all in a tunnel bag

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would bring a saw, and come up with a method of a stiff member tow setup, nothing worse than towing a sled and having it bang into the back of you when you stop. something as simple as tying in a small sapling to act as that rigid link.

·
Registered
960 Posts
89e236f6b1d59b4e2956559470527242.jpg
my emergency kit I call it. There's a nifty lift in there somewhere to. It's a block and pulley that weighs 2.2 LB and can lift potentially 3-4 thousand LB. gloves and a dry under shirt. Plus the 5 pairs of goggles and 4 pairs of gloves I Cary on my back. it might seam like a lot but every time we had a bad injury on the hill I wished I had 3 more things. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
- Change of Clothes

- Matches & Fire Starter

- Butane MiniStove

- 100' Paracord

- Rachet Strap

- Bag of 6" Zip Ties

- Shovel

- Mini-Folding Saw

- Bottle of Juice

- Hat & Extra Golves

- Second set of Googles

- Leatherman

- Flashlight

- 3mm & 5mm Hex, & 17mm wrench for a belt drive change

- Spare belt drive belt.

Weighs in around 20lbs in a LinQ slim bag.

And a first Aid Kit/factory clutch tool in the dash.

Pictures are a few months ago before I added the Belt Drive belt.

As above, seems like a lot, but in the Backcountry I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it, for the sake of 20lbs.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

Outerwear Textile Sleeve Bag Personal protective equipment

Luggage and bags Bag Sunglasses Office supplies Tool

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts