Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like your ideas on what you bring along, what you pack it in and.... ideally, if you have found a way to mount your kit o your sled.

If there are other threads that cover this let me know but i'm really looking for the mountain riders (G4) perspective.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I deleted my headlights and carry a bag of tools in the delete. Got lots of tools and a 50 foot tow rope because it's still a 850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
228 Posts
I carry everything from the stock tool kit, then I carry tools to pull chaincase off and a 10mm with rachet and extension to pull muffler off. A flash light a knife I had leathermen pliers but they fell apart in the bag from shaking around. A good strong tow strap and some normal rope. Duct tape and electrical tape and an extra liter of oil. I carry it all in a tunnel bag

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I would bring a saw, and come up with a method of a stiff member tow setup, nothing worse than towing a sled and having it bang into the back of you when you stop. something as simple as tying in a small sapling to act as that rigid link.

·
Registered
957 Posts
89e236f6b1d59b4e2956559470527242.jpg
my emergency kit I call it. There's a nifty lift in there somewhere to. It's a block and pulley that weighs 2.2 LB and can lift potentially 3-4 thousand LB. gloves and a dry under shirt. Plus the 5 pairs of goggles and 4 pairs of gloves I Cary on my back. it might seam like a lot but every time we had a bad injury on the hill I wished I had 3 more things. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
- Change of Clothes

- Matches & Fire Starter

- Butane MiniStove

- 100' Paracord

- Rachet Strap

- Bag of 6" Zip Ties

- Shovel

- Mini-Folding Saw

- Bottle of Juice

- Hat & Extra Golves

- Second set of Googles

- Leatherman

- Flashlight

- 3mm & 5mm Hex, & 17mm wrench for a belt drive change

- Spare belt drive belt.

Weighs in around 20lbs in a LinQ slim bag.

And a first Aid Kit/factory clutch tool in the dash.

Pictures are a few months ago before I added the Belt Drive belt.

As above, seems like a lot, but in the Backcountry I'd rather be looking at it than looking for it, for the sake of 20lbs.

post-53446-0-58834300-1547672089.jpg

post-53446-0-70330900-1547672129.jpg

post-53446-0-45969500-1547672142.jpg

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts