Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If I weight 120 pounds, do you think i'm too small for a X package 550f? I like riding agressively and i think that the motion control shocks would become too soft fastly, am I right? Give me your idea about the motion control versus motion control please

thx

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
you are probably a bit light for the X setup...

but shocks can easily be revalved and springs changed to accommodate your weight and riding style!

sledding is one sport where the heavier guys have an advantage... kind of like sumo wrestling I guess...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have another question, are the shock of the 550f X the same as the adrenaline liquid cooled sled package?

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
you would be fine. I weigh 160 and my 05 600x is no where near too stiff

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've had both sleds. I weigh 130 lbs. The HPGs work MUCH better.

The Motion Controls would fade very quickly and would bottom out on the larger bumps. I've yet to bottom the HPGs. I ride very agressively.

Keep in mind the 550X does not have the T/As, therefore cannot be rebuilt or revalved.

·
Registered
142 Posts
dooit59180 said:
I've had both sleds. I weigh 130 lbs. The HPGs work MUCH better.

The Motion Controls would fade very quickly and would bottom out on the larger bumps. I've yet to bottom the HPGs. I ride very agressively.

Keep in mind the 550X does not have the T/As, therefore cannot be rebuilt or revalved.
[snapback]731966[/snapback]​
Next years has T/As

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's done, I bought a 2006 550f x with 500miles on it for 5500$ cdn. It's in PERFECT condition!! I really think I had a good deal!

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
NIce looking sled... I think that you are going to be happy with it. It is a really light sled, and seems on how light you are, I think that you can going to be able to handle the sled and have a lot more fun on it.

Nice sled,
Ryan

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've got springs for a 230-280# ridder set at max (the 440 springs) and I'm 195 with my X package gade. It's setup just perfect
It really depens on your ridding style If you like high speed bumps and jump alot on hard pack, go with the X.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts