Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last 3 of 4 weekends each dumped on average about 35cm of snow (14" each weekend), I need a break.... I have a PowderMax track (same as the Gade) but it is of little use (okay better than a short track) in this powder...

I have a new appreciation for the guys/gals out West who ride in powder most of the time....it is a totally different riding style....I am sinking about a foot or so in this stuff just going across the lake.... never mind trying to break some new trails....

....I knew I should have kept that Expedition TUV.....if you have a Skandic with the 20" or 24" track....come on up....because these conditions were made for you guys.....

....those who ride grooomed trails all the time will get buried in this stuff!!

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
frostyy said:
After the last 3 of 4 weekends each dumped on average about 35cm of snow (14" each weekend), I need a break.... I have a PowderMax track (same as the Gade) but it is of little use (okay better than a short track) in this powder...

I have a new appreciation for the guys/gals out West who ride in powder most of the time....it is a totally different riding style....I am sinking about a foot or so in this stuff just going across the lake.... never mind trying to break some new trails....

....I knew I should have kept that Expedition TUV.....if you have a Skandic with the 20" or 24" track....come on up....because these conditions were made for you guys.....

[snapback]722820[/snapback]​
so wheres the problem? too much snow not enogh sled? at least u have snow and your riding season will be a long one! wish i had your problems

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlairM7c47c said:
do you have any pics. I need something to keep me happy.
[snapback]723016[/snapback]​
Didn't take any pics on the lake because I thought if I stopped, I would get stuck again
....so I just kept motoring as I slowly sunk into the white stuff....I'll try and take some tomorrow...now that I have broken some trail....

......all I have for you is what the snow looks like around here...

View attachment 48301

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
papasled said:
No wonder you're getting stuck....need a Summit frostyy
[snapback]722981[/snapback]​
Ya, that's what I was thinking...but would have to be at least the 144" to make any difference....however....we usually don't get dumped on like this all at once....a normal winter we get 10-15cm at a time....last year I never got stuck once but we didn't get much snow last winter either and definitely no massive snow storms like we have had here over the last month....

....now it looks like all the sleds are waiting for somebody else to make tracks because I only seen 1 snowmobile on the entire lake today.....I guess I have to make trails for everybody.....whimps....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
x-treme said:
frostyy said:

[snapback]722820[/snapback]​
so wheres the problem? too much snow not enogh sled? at least u have snow and your riding season will be a long one! wish i had your problems

[snapback]723000[/snapback]​
I think the problem is too much snow because this is the first time this sled has let me down in the white stuff....it's the massive snowfall that did not only me but all the sleds around here in...

·
Registered
381 Posts
yah theres a good 5 feet around north bay , ive been about an hour south on north bay & oh gezz , i chouldnt even get off trail , got stuck 2 times 1 after another & said , i'll stick to the foot of fresh on the trail

Did manage to get off onto a nice pond in a forest , my back end was so down i was breaking through the ice , good thing i have a Sea-doo, the ONLY way you chould turn was by carving & having it pinned , even then it was going little over 60 km

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KILLERMXZ said:
yah theres a good 5 feet around north bay , ive been about an hour south on north bay & oh gezz , i chouldnt even get off trail , got stuck 2 times 1 after another & said , i'll stick to the foot of fresh on the trail

Did manage to get off onto a nice pond in a forest , my back end was so down i was breaking through the ice , good thing i have a Sea-doo, the ONLY way you chould turn was by carving & having it pinned , even then it was going little over 60 km
[snapback]723264[/snapback]​
Finally......somebody who understands
.......I was so bogged down in the white stuff today, I had a hard time getting to 60km/hr....

·
Registered
83 Posts
im in Sudbury, we dont see alot of summits around here, very few, we havent had the snow like in previoius years, this year we got lots. And i tell you, i pitty the guys who try and follow my trails. i stand with my feet on the rear bumper just so i can stay on my 01 summit 700.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
frostyy said:
KILLERMXZ said:

[snapback]723264[/snapback]​
Finally......somebody who understands
.......I was so bogged down in the white stuff today, I had a hard time getting to 60km/hr....

[snapback]723330[/snapback]​
snow whores!!!!!

What a winter - feast or famine.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts