Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am interested in buying a second hand Expedition and I see a few good deals on 600 etecs, One machine in particular I know has been very well taken care of and hasn't been driven hard. Their 600etec has around 9000kms on it (not sure the exact number) and they have never had an issue with the machine. But a few people had warned me now about etecs with a lot of kms on it that they have been known to loose pistons / compression or crank bearings after so many kms. Do you guys think a machine with this many kms would be worth looking into? how many kms is too many for the 600 etecs?

thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
bout 20 :rofl :rofl :rofl . Na i hear around 9,000-10,000 or so after that your playing with fire :rofl :rofl :rofl.cough cough.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you can pick it up for a good price, then i would drop in a new crank and pistons and be trouble free for another 9000 kms.

·
7,718 Posts
If you can pick it up for a good price, then i would drop in a new crank and pistons and be trouble free for another 9000 kms.
This. Recipe for success. I have a project 600 Etec that has had a bunch of silly issues which I am working through, but the engine went to 15k km's before it popped. Gearbox was in good shape, suspension, clutches, etc are all pretty good at 17k km's.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
It's very rare to see them make 15k or more without an engine tear down to regrease the crank bearings, after 10k it'll be like playing russian roulette with the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts