Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of us started out north of Redfield on Co Rt 17 and went over to Flat Rock Inn first. I have never seen Flat Rock Road so smooth in my life. Then we went over to Carthage for lunch then back thru Copenhagen and Barnes Corners and stoped at Tuggers for a soda and back to home base. We did 125 miles and most of the trails were super duper smooth. Click on the link below to see the pics from today's ride.

http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/album1974

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Great pics. Yes maybe this will finally shut up all the naysayers who claim Tug hill does NOT groom..

As you can see by the pics they do GROOM all the time but with the traffic Tug Hill gets on weekends the trails do get beat in a hurry...

·
Registered
179 Posts
04rev600sdi said:
i hope so
[snapback]745085[/snapback]​
04 600SDI: Since you are local to the hill maybe you can help me out. I've been up twice this year and a couple other times in year's past so I know my way around a little bit, with the help of a map. I bought a sled for my wife and I'm bringing her up to ride on Sunday afternoon and Monday (5th and 6th). She is relatively new to riding and I'd like to take her in a direction where there will be the least amount of traffic to deal with. We stay at the Le Hav at the intersection of 177 and 12 and they head for Rector road to access the trails. Can you give me an idea of which direction I should take her? I love the trail system you have and want to show her why I enjoy coming up. Thanks for the help.

-Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I lived in Lowville for a few years and wouldn't ride the hill on a weekend.

I would head toward Copenhagen, Carthage, then toward Croghan, Harrisville. Much less traffic, groomed trails, and did I mention less traffic.

Good Luck-

Cowfeedman

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
actually sunday afternoon and monday should be fine anywhere on the hill , people are going home by afternoon so you should be fine almost anywhere . thursday traffic starts to pick up

·
Registered
251 Posts
On the northern end you will find less traffic and thus smoother trails from Barnes Corners to Copenhagen. A lot of field riding in that area which reduces bumps.

On the southern end, I think Osceola and south is a hidden gem. I would head in that direction too to avoid traffic.

You could make a loop south to Osceola, then head north to complete the loop around Copenhagen.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the comments and ideas guys. Logged 200 miles down here in Erie/Wyoming counties last night and today. Too bad we get our first good snow in months in March when the sun is so warm. I probably won't get as early a start tomorrow as I had planned, a little tired now. I'd like to let some of the weekend traffic thin out some. Hope to make it up by 3 or 4:00 and then go somewhere for dinner. Thanks again guys.

-Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.