Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
5,889 Posts
Went to Sledarama Sunday, back to Ottawa yesterday. Plus the usual running around, it seems I am just steady at the gas station, it hurts. All the ”help” seems to target a certain group. We all need some help, bring the gas prices down.

The heating season is going to hurt too. Can’t win, just got an email bill for my propane tank rental, full max rental fee because I didn’t use enough propane. Of course I was trying to limit my use to save money…can’t win. Should have cranked the heat and used $150 more propane I guess.

· Super Moderator
31,714 Posts
I remember filling my 300 gallon fuel tank by the garage for 99 cents a gallon back in 99 or 2000.
Yup...

The lowest I remember was 69 cents/gallon. We have in-floor heat in our garage, that year I decided at that price I'd turn it up a little. Too hot, I turned it back down.

· Registered
429 Posts
2.63 now in Hastings MN

I don’t get why Canada is so expensive. You literally call land the patch because it is so filled with oil. Maybe no refineries? I know Canada and the US import a lot of oil from Russia but I am guessing that will be done soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Peanut Gallery
32,336 Posts
2.63 now in Hastings MN

I don’t get why Canada is so expensive. You literally call land the patch because it is so filled with oil. Maybe no refineries? I know Canada and the US import a lot of oil from Russia but I am guessing that will be done soon.

$2.58 at kwik trip this morning when I drove through town

· Registered
429 Posts
$2.58 at kwik trip this morning when I drove through town

I hear ya. We are just lucky I guess we never really had high gas prices. Most I ever paid in Hastings was like 30 bucks more for my 36 gallon tank. The way people talking about it on the news it was like world was ending.

· Peanut Gallery
32,336 Posts
I hear ya. We are just lucky I guess we never really had high gas prices. Most I ever paid in Hastings was like 30 bucks more for my 36 gallon tank. The way people talking about it on the news it was like world was ending.

Guess I don’t pay attention to how much more or less to fill up each time. But then again my employer pays for my gas since I drive a company truck.
I usually fill in town though.
Personal truck same thing I put gas in and drive. I need to get from point A - point B
If I was truly worried about the price I’d just stay home.

· Registered
429 Posts
Right around 4 bucks for the last couple months in Chitcago. Sure could use a jerk right now to get things back they way they were.
Chicago is awesome though. High pay and the crime is really only on that south side. Diesel is the real issue when most semis get gallon to the mile. Or 1 mile to the gallon.

· Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
$2.34 per gallon yesterday, at a 66 station on I 25 just north of Denver. Gas stations 15 miles West were $0.90 to$1.00 more. o_O

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Guess I don’t pay attention to how much more or less to fill up each time. But then again my employer pays for my gas since I drive a company truck.
I usually fill in town though.
Personal truck same thing I put gas in and drive. I need to get from point A - point B
If I was truly worried about the price I’d just stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using

You nailed it when u don't pay attention because ur employer pays for your gas. If that goes away u may keep ur eye on it a little more.

What I don't understand is why you guys are paying 2.58 out there and we are paying 4 bucks a gallon still in the north east.

At that difference if ur filling a 36 gallon truck that will run around 50 bucks more per fill up.

That's a lot! Don't care who u r.

· Registered
429 Posts
You’re still $1.50 or so less than Vermont :mad:
Big oil not going to let that reason out. Some state taxes some refinery distance. I don’t get how it can be a dollar more within 15 minutes of my house. You can drive about 8 miles up 52 and it will be a dollar more. Literally across the street from the Koch refinery.

· Super Moderator
31,714 Posts
I still pay attention to what the price Is when the boss pays. Honestly I usually get gas local on my way home in town where it cheaper then the twin cities where I mainly work

Work paid for my gas for 30 years, even though I wasn't paying the bill I still tried to get the best value for their $$$.

· Registered
2,233 Posts
Chicago is awesome though. High pay and the crime is really only on that south side. Diesel is the real issue when most semis get gallon to the mile. Or 1 mile to the gallon.

Chitcago is even worse than suburbia where I mention current price. I don't go to the city unless I have to. Armed and with a full tank of gas would be the only way to get me there.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts