Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Again, it is a 1978 Free Air T'NT. You can rest assured that I do know what I am talking about. If in doubt, check the link, it shows a 77 but the 78 is practically the same just different colur combo.

1977 Ski doo Free air

1977 TNT Brochue

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The engine in the picture above is not a 377 with the fan shroud removed. It is a free air T'NT engine. In 77 and 78 they went to a single Mikuni carb. The metal plate you see is a heat shield to keep any hot air away from the carb.
If it is a 340, the plate on the engine will say type 346.

It's the same as this engine except for the dual carb set up I have on mine. Don't get confused though, my engine is in a different chassis.

The 340 and 440 engine looked exactle the same. Actually, they are the same except for bore size. If it is a 440 then the engine type should be a type 436.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
VintageElanGuy said:
The engine in the picture above is not a 377 with the fan shroud removed. It is a free air T'NT engine. In 77 and 78 they went to a single Mikuni carb. The metal plate you see is a heat shield to keep any hot air away from the carb.
If it is a 340, the plate on the engine will say type 346.

It's the same as this engine except for the dual carb set up I have on mine. Don't get confused though, my engine is in a different chassis.

The 340 and 440 engine looked exactle the same. Actually, they are the same except for bore size. If it is a 440 then the engine type should be a type 436.
[snapback]273582[/snapback]​
Vintage,

I checked the pic again,and im quite sure the engine is a type 368.By the shape of the black part behind the carb.If it was a deflector like on a free air,this part would be straight all the way,not with curved end like this one.CitationUser should give us his engine type .By the way,you got a nice engine with the tuned pipe in your machine.Sano setup.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
That is a 77, or 78 T'NT F/A. No way that is a 60's sled. The front mounted twin F/A should be a dead givaway. The motor, like said earlier is a 346. They were a fairly quick sled, but nothing like the R/Vs. go to www.geocities.com/tntrv for more info

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.