Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for some expert input here on whether I will have a trenching problem with (on order) upgrade to the Tmotion skid now that I have gone to a CE 162 x3" with 7 tooth avids, on my 2010 860 XRS Hillclimb? And if so how do I keep this from happening as I love to boondock in the steep and deep.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hey guys, looking for some expert input here on whether I will have a trenching problem with (on order) upgrade to the Tmotion skid now that I have gone to a CE 162 x3" with 7 tooth avids, on my 2010 860 XRS Hillclimb? And if so how do I keep this from happening as I love to boondock in the steep and deep.
Thanks in advance!
Change the primary to a Polaris P-85 2012 spring and weights, and gear the sled up, lots.
You can't stop the trenching with the TRA because it has to run geared down and acts like a chainsaw. No traction when you pop the clutch on your truck in first gear in snow, so why should your sled be any different?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
question they fit
No. You have to get a machine shop to mill out the P-85 to fit the Doo crank. Take your TRA in for the machine shop to measure, and they can cut the P-85 deep enough so that the fix sheave is in the same location on the crank as the TRA. That way the secondary doesn't have to move in or out for alignment. Use your regular Doo belt, it works. The Polaris runs cooler, so you probably won't have to buy any more belts either. The cost of one belt pays for the machine work, plus enough left over for some beers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Don't look like that would even fit under an XP side panel.

You can set the XP clutches up to perform very well, contact Rooster Built for a solid clutch setup... Honestly I don't think you will have any problems with that setup.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Don't doo it!!
Trenching is from rear skid geometry
Dont know if the tmotion will fix that
Relocate brackets and getting springs right did

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stock with relocates, No issues here either. Will be Tmotion soon tho.
Trying to stay with Doo clutchs....would never hear the end of it from my buds if I had a Poo clutch.
What does the relocate brackets do besides drop the skid lower? Is this to change the angle of the track coming out of the tunnel?
Did you change your springs too? If so what do you guys recomend for me as a heavier rider at 220lbs?

·
Far from cheap, but really close to broke!
5,880 Posts
Trying to stay with Doo clutchs....would never hear the end of it from my buds if I had a Poo clutch.
What does the relocate brackets do besides drop the skid lower? Is this to change the angle of the track coming out of the tunnel?
Did you change your springs too? If so what do you guys recomend for me as a heavier rider at 220lbs?
I hear ya with the Poo clutch. I'd never swap either

The relocate brackets move the rear scissor rail mount point back 1.25" or 1.5" for BIG HP. Most popular kit is the 1.25?, Well mannered, even on a 163. By moving the rear scissor mount back in the rails, you change the leverage of the skid. it drops the rear bumper height a tad, BUT, springs work better, resulting in less preload needed. It is common to have to lower the spring adjusters 2 notches or more, with the brackets. I carry 7.5g gas on back, and Stock springs, on 3 for the trail in, 2 or 1 once in the POW. The relocates transfer the "Wheelie" energy to FWD momentum. Last year, when I started making them. I never told my buds. CAT and Poo riders. First day out, 2ft of POW, they both said *%@ did you do? Your sled just pops up ontop of the snow, not trenchin to china.. And on hillclimbing. WHile stock form, Skis never touch the hill. Allways had to steer by leaning but or letting off. Now, Ski's just tickle the snow on that same hill and conditions. Giving control, but not adding drag

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear ya with the Poo clutch. I'd never swap either

The relocate brackets move the rear scissor rail mount point back 1.25" or 1.5" for BIG HP. Most popular kit is the 1.25?, Well mannered, even on a 163. By moving the rear scissor mount back in the rails, you change the leverage of the skid. it drops the rear bumper height a tad, BUT, springs work better, resulting in less preload needed. It is common to have to lower the spring adjusters 2 notches or more, with the brackets. I carry 7.5g gas on back, and Stock springs, on 3 for the trail in, 2 or 1 once in the POW. The relocates transfer the "Wheelie" energy to FWD momentum. Last year, when I started making them. I never told my buds. CAT and Poo riders. First day out, 2ft of POW, they both said *%@ did you do? Your sled just pops up ontop of the snow, not trenchin to china.. And on hillclimbing. WHile stock form, Skis never touch the hill. Allways had to steer by leaning but or letting off. Now, Ski's just tickle the snow on that same hill and conditions. Giving control, but not adding drag
I like the sound of that! My ski's are always in the air making it alot harder to control. do you have a pick of the brackets you made or what it looks like now, as I could probably make them myself too or where I can buy them if they are not that expensive since I've already blown the sled budget on the track and skid upgrades?

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
Been dooing the scissor mod since....2009
....have them in stock for $50...

As for clutching? you could call the guy who has been DOOing mountain clutching since his first 670 summit (1997)...worked at a DOO dealer for 8 years...has his own DOO performance shop for 10 years...NAW...lets ask the internet....LOL...J/K...easy fix with the right ramp/spring combo...the stock 200 start spring is gay and wrong....

you would be surprised on how easy it is to "FIX" these things when you work on them...every single day of the year....just saying...BJ

as for trenching? the Tmotion is no different than the 2012 skid (basically)...uncoupled and a wheelie machine...so it would act the same as any summit...sort of he pivoting scissor...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been dooing the scissor mod since....2009
....have them in stock for $50...

As for clutching? you could call the guy who has been DOOing mountain clutching since his first 670 summit (1997)...worked at a DOO dealer for 8 years...has his own DOO performance shop for 10 years...NAW...lets ask the internet....LOL...J/K...easy fix with the right ramp/spring combo...the stock 200 start spring is gay and wrong....

you would be surprised on how easy it is to "FIX" these things when you work on them...every single day of the year....just saying...BJ

as for trenching? the Tmotion is no different than the 2012 skid (basically)...uncoupled and a wheelie machine...so it would act the same as any summit...sort of he pivoting scissor...
Glad you got a laugh, but there is so much information floating around it's hard to tell what's accurate and what is not, for example Skidoo says that the Tmotion is a true rising rate suspension, you say it's basically the same and still a wheely machine? I have been suckered several times in the past buying aftermarket stuff that made little or no difference so I am just trying to learn from that and do a little more research first. Not saying that is the case here at all, just helps me know I'm on the right path when I can get feedback from others with a similar set up.
thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts