Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?
Right now, I have the screws turnes 4 1/4 turns out from gently seated. Is this ok?
How much of a difference does 1/2 turn do? I find I run a little rich at the moment cruising at light throttle. The machine is stock, with 220 miles on her. It's a brand new 2003 mach Z tach plus. I thought of turning the fuel screw in about 1/2 turn to lean it out a bit. Any thoughts? Will this help as far as running a bit leaner when cruising?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Turning the screw out leans it. 4 1/2 turns is stock.
Not positive if DPM has a different setting than non but I dought it.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mikadoo said:
Turning the screw out leans it. 4 1/2 turns is stock.
Not positive if DPM has a different setting than non but I dought it.
[snapback]271060[/snapback]​
These are flat side carbs, with a fuel screw, turning the screw out richens it up.

I think you're thinking of round side VM type carbs which have an air screw. Turning an air screw out on a round side will lean it out.

I figure I'll turn my fuel screw in 1/4 turn from stock and see how it runs.
Thanks your input BTW.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
There is no fuel screws on a machz carb.Just the air screws.Change your pilots to 45s and this will cure your problems.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Yes I'am talking about TM flatslides. I have the book in front of me and it says turning air screw out leans. Never really messed with them so I dont know for sure, book could be wrong but I would hope not.
Yes, changing pilot jet to 45's is standard procedure.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mikadoo said:
Yes I'am talking about TM flatslides. I have the book in front of me and it says turning air screw out leans. Never really messed with them so I dont know for sure, book could be wrong but I would hope not.
Yes, changing pilot jet to 45's is standard procedure.
[snapback]272239[/snapback]​
Thanks for the replys boys. I'm going to try it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just to let you know, if you have a carburetor that has a small air/fuel screw and you want to know which one it is, then all you have to do is see what side the screw adjustment is on, compared to the carb slide and cylinder. If the screw is on the airbox side of the slide, like most snowmobile carbs, then it is an AIR screw, but if it is on the cylinder side of the carb slide, then it is a FUEL screw like some flatslide carbs have. An airscrew turned out leans fuel mixture, while a fuel screw turned out richens fuel mixture and opposite in other direction.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
263 Posts
[quote name='limskii' date='Jan 19 2005, 12:51 AM']
Just to let you know, if you have a carburetor that has a small air/fuel screw and you want to know which one it is, then all you have to do is see what side the screw adjustment is on, compared to the carb slide and cylinder. If the screw is on the airbox side of the slide, like most snowmobile carbs, then it is an AIR screw, but if it is on the cylinder side of the carb slide, then it is a FUEL screw like some flatslide carbs have. An airscrew turned out leans fuel mixture, while a fuel screw turned out richens fuel mixture and opposite in other direction.
Hope this helps !
finally someone gets it right! amen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts