Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
2561 - 2580 of 2673 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,567 ·
normal sounds sorted out to me. my other sleds always had a bit of slack even after adjustment.
Yeah I might pull the cover off, but want to get the hyfax changed and my other sled ready first. Then I might circle back and pull the cover and get a peek to make sure what's going on is normal.

·
Prospect
1,432 Posts
Yeah I might pull the cover off, but want to get the hyfax changed and my other sled ready first. Then I might circle back and pull the cover and get a peek to make sure what's going on is normal.
if the chain case oil wasn't to bad looking, I wouldn't worry. probably had a bit of fine metal dust that is normal as well. this was my first change with a few hundred kliks on my new Tundra. no worries, normal.
Liquid Water Dishware Ingredient Fluid

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
37,345 Posts
if the chain case oil wasn't to bad looking, I wouldn't worry. probably had a bit of fine metal dust that is normal as well. this was my first change with a few hundred kliks on my new Tundra. no worries, normal. View attachment 2005025
In all the years I've changed gear oil I've never seen it that bad... Except I had an outboard motor one time that the pinion gear in the lower unit went to heck and then the oil looked pretty crappy...

2561 - 2580 of 2673 Posts