Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
FAQ man
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm in the market for some new tires for my Suburban.

I tow year round with it, sleds in winter and travel trailer in summer.

Who likes what tires and why?

Thanks,
Jerry C.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I like BF Goodrich mud terrains the best. They seem to work good all year round. I also have a set of Dayton Timberline MTs and they work great in the winter.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Had BF all terrain a/t and they went bald on my truck in 25,000 miles, and I dont drive like a dick...just think if we didnt have snow on the roads half the year how fast they would have worn! Worst Tire I ever owned and the guy at the tire shop seemed to agree being as he has replaced so many of those with low miles recently.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I am going to have to agree with MTM. BF tires blow. I have some on with 17k on and they are about bald. Good thing I know a buddy who got them for 1/4 of the price, otherwise I would be getting my money back! Best tires I have ever had were Kelly's Wild spirits or Wild Country's. I dont think they make the country's anymore, just the spirits. Same thing though. Man those things went through some SCHIT! and they rode great on highway and didnt hardly wear at all. Wish I could afford another pair right now.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
MaryTylerMorphine said:
Had BF all terrain a/t and they went bald on my truck in 25,000 miles, and I dont drive like a dick...just think if we didnt have snow on the roads half the year how fast they would have worn! Worst Tire I ever owned and the guy at the tire shop seemed to agree being as he has replaced so many of those with low miles recently.
[snapback]282139[/snapback]​
Yep been there done that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have looked into new tires as well and from what I have read the Revo's are the way to go. Nothing but good reports on them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I switched from GY Wrangler to Michelin LTX on my 97 Ram 2500 Diesel. Huge difference, particularly in the snow. The GY's were noisy and very hard even from new. They worn pretty well (45K) but after buying the Michelin I would never go back. Excellent snow traction, much quieter. Sold the 97and bought an 03 Ram 4x4 with a Cummings which came with Michelins from the factory. I think the factory version was not as good as the ones I purchased for the 97 - they must have a hard version for OEM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tim Dunn said:
I think the factory version was not as good as the ones I purchased for the 97 - they must have a hard version for OEM.
[snapback]282498[/snapback]​
goodyear supplies GMC with wrangler. THE " GMC " version has 11/32's tread when new.
if you buy the exact same replacment tire from goodyear or another dealer, it comes with 13/32's tread !!!

interesting how they screw you without anyone realizing it !!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
MaryTylerMorphine said:
Top rated tire is the Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo plus they look good, got em on my truck.

click here
[snapback]282132[/snapback]​
AT/Revo's are the best.

I bought Cooper AT's and I really like them. I only got them because the price was unbeatable at the time. Plus, the Revo's are quite pricy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the Mich LTX's on my Jeep, lasted like 65k miles handled great overall. I have BFG Rugged trails on my nissan and the are decent, not the best snow traction, but decent overall.....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
sleddude5 said:
Ok, I'm in the market for some new tires for my Suburban.

I tow year round with it, sleds in winter and travel trailer in summer.

Who likes what tires and why?

Thanks,
Jerry C.
[snapback]282067[/snapback]​
Bridgestone DUELER AT/REVO, check out the tire rack . they are the top rated AT/ TIRE. I have them on my truck and will never buy anything else. they are that good!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Did a bunch of research. Revos are great, but I went the BF All Terrains and love them. Great bite, wear, and low noise. I'm happy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got goodyear wrangler apt on the 98 silverado. Had goodyear wrangler rts on the truck when I bought it and they went for 60000.

·
Registered
414 Posts
i use to have Cooper Discoverer A/T's on my ford they were awesome for all terrains and a good price. Never got stuck once went some pretty scary places too. Now I Got Cooper Discoverer M/T's on my blazer they are another awesome tire, decent price to. As for BFG A/T's stay away from them they are crap

1 - 20 of 50 Posts