Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 MXZ 700 seems very tippy compared to other sleds I have ridden.When other peope ride it they all agree. Hard pack, powder, same thing. It has 1.5" track, 6" carbides, pretty firm suspension setup. Any suggestion to keep both skis down would be greatly appreciated. It can be very scary taking corners at even slow speeds.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
my 2000 gets very "tippy" if i dont have the rear coupler block set with fat side back, and the stoppers where they are supposed to be. my rear skid is set up with the shock dialed up as far as it will go, with the rear shock set at soft, the upper spring pressure is at 4, and my coupler block is set up like i stated previously, it handles great, but in the moguls can wreak havoc on your lower back, but ive yet to bottom it out with it set like this.

and make sure your strap isnt too loose, this will contribute to it being top heavy as well

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had the same problem. Two things helped me. First I tightened up my limiter strap one hole. Second, in talking to ZX owners I have come to find out that I needed to lean more in the turns compared to other sleds. These worked for me. Good Luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stiffen the rear, try both ways on the front. If your rear is too soft, it "sits" and causes skis to go in the air. Looks cool, but handles terrible. If you're cornering and on the throttle, the rear will sit and twist. Also, too soft in the front will cause the outside suspension to compress and cause the inside ski to lift. Too stiff will not allow enough travel to absorb the turn also causing the lift. I run my HPG's in the front on number 3. That seems to be a good all around setting for the trails. I'm 185lbs. If you're heavier than me, go to a 4 or 5. If you're lighter, etc.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.