Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
I did what you did REV*BARON. It works awesome, except I have the BRP sock for the filer and it blows! It is too small for the foam. Morons. I'm ordering the SLP one right now. I had the SLP one on my 04, and it was nice and loose fitting on the foam. The BRP one is so tight it compresses the foam and then you get gaps where snow can get into your airbox. The SLP sock has holes at each end of the sock which is a good design. BRP's sock has a slit that runs down the side of the sock and again because the sock is too small the slit remains open with the foam bulging out, thus you are losing a layer of prefilter protection that you would normally have if they made the damned thing bigger. SLP it is.

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
SLP 208-529-0244

SLP Prefillter Sock:

P/N 14-198 18.95

SLP Pre-Filter Material Sheet (don't know how big it is)

P/N 14-226 17.90

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
Revved said:
Yellowknife, I'm surprised your sock doesn't fit. When I put mine on I thought that it fit very well. I don't have any gaps and it isn't too small. Maybe its been changed ????
[snapback]293537[/snapback]​
Really?? What the deuce!

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
I have duct tape on mine...it may kill the engine for air if the foam completely seals up/freezes up. Keep an eye on your foam, that's all. Keep it clean. Get the prefilter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.