Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
After only two rides this year I pulled my airbox off to find the nastiest black belt dust all over my carb insides. Saw a post on here about the holes in the back of the airbox so I bought a sheet of the SLP prefilter material (made and patented by Outerwears in MI) and siliconed a piece over the holes.

You will notice I have the SLP sock over the main side panel foam too to keep out the snow dust and ice from gettting in as well.

This material works awesome, and I put it over the front nose screen, side panel openings, and even the hood screens to keep out the snow and dirt.

Best $45 you can spend to keep your motor clean and running top notch.

Chuck

edited: here's the link to SLP

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was looking at my 05 800 Ho adrenalin and couldn't find any holes. Also mine has a tube that goes to the side cover inlet that mates with foam, and had zero belt dust in it? Is the 800 different than the 600 air box?

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the side panel airboxes are the same 440-600-800. These are behind your airbox up against the panel. You need to remove the airbox to see them. Pic is from the opposite side that you see.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thats a good tip. Where is the best place to buy a sheet of this? I have the sock for the air inlet (from Ski-Doo) but would like to cover the air vents as well.

Thanks

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
I just put duct tape over mine this past weekend too. Will this affect anything by completely blocking off the holes?

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
I did what you did REV*BARON. It works awesome, except I have the BRP sock for the filer and it blows! It is too small for the foam. Morons. I'm ordering the SLP one right now. I had the SLP one on my 04, and it was nice and loose fitting on the foam. The BRP one is so tight it compresses the foam and then you get gaps where snow can get into your airbox. The SLP sock has holes at each end of the sock which is a good design. BRP's sock has a slit that runs down the side of the sock and again because the sock is too small the slit remains open with the foam bulging out, thus you are losing a layer of prefilter protection that you would normally have if they made the damned thing bigger. SLP it is.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
SLP 208-529-0244

SLP Prefillter Sock:

P/N 14-198 18.95

SLP Pre-Filter Material Sheet (don't know how big it is)

P/N 14-226 17.90

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Black panty hose does the same trick and its free (if you can get it past the wife)!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yellowknife, I'm surprised your sock doesn't fit. When I put mine on I thought that it fit very well. I don't have any gaps and it isn't too small. Maybe its been changed ????

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Revved said:
Yellowknife, I'm surprised your sock doesn't fit. When I put mine on I thought that it fit very well. I don't have any gaps and it isn't too small. Maybe its been changed ????
[snapback]293537[/snapback]​
Really?? What the deuce!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
gobblestopper said:
Black panty hose does the same trick and its free (if you can get it past the wife)!
[snapback]293525[/snapback]​
The panty hose works to cover the vents, but this Stuff that SLP sells is treated with Silicone and it is ABSOLUTELY water-proof. You cna puddle water on it and the water will never even get the back side of this material damp! Its great stuff. The panty hose will just let the water go right through it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Free panty hose sound good too me wife throws them out like crazy

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've got to do that. I have a filter cover from my SVT Lightning that I never used. It's the exact same stuff. I'll just cut it up to fit the Rene.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I used the circular shaped vents that are used on dirtbikes. I forgot the name of them, but the are a plastic insert thats filled with foam.

·
Registered
151 Posts
bwalker said:
I used the circular shaped vents that are used on dirtbikes. I forgot the name of them, but the are a plastic insert thats filled with foam.
[snapback]294156[/snapback]​
Aren't those USI's?

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
99MXZ600 said:
I just put duct tape over mine this past weekend too. Will this affect anything by completely blocking off the holes?
[snapback]293314[/snapback]​
Anyone???

1 - 20 of 258 Posts