Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a 98 machz. last season he had some issues.he picked up a formula3 and he used some parts from that 600 tripple(96 formula 3 i believe.) i think the stator, flywheel, cdi and something else i forget what he told me now? he says that it runs now but something is wrong seems out of time? he was told that the 600 700 800 parts were interchangeable? i thought i read on here the other day a guy was going to buy a 700 tripple engine for about the same price as it would cost him to get a new crank and someone told him he would need to change his cdi because the timing was differant??

does he need to get a cdi for an 809 or is the 600 ok?

if he needs a diff cdi would a cdi from a 94 machz 779 work??

any help would be appreciated.. he's starting to get frustrated with it!!

thanks guys!

G

·
600 triples have a 61 mm stroke.....700 and 800 triples have 68 mm stroke......throwing you way off if your using 600 triple electronics on a 809.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
600 triples have a 61 mm stroke.....700 and 800 triples have 68 mm stroke......throwing you way off if your using 600 triple electronics on a 809.
Yeller...6 & 7's have the short stroke...800's have the longer stroke

G

·
Yeller...6 & 7's have the short stroke...800's have the longer stroke
ooops....sorry i thought the 700s also had 68 stroke.....old yeller i think is getting senile dementia in my old age... :laugh_old: while i am still learning so much i have forgotten stuff i used to know about these triples.....i think my memmory bank might be full... :laugh_old:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts