Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have asked about this many times and I can't get an answer? I bought this sled and it didn't run. Tested a few things and found out that the CDI box was not sending any power to the coil. I replaced box and now the sled runs, barely, but it is back firing. It seems that the timing is advanced. I checked with skidoo and have read the manual that you can only change the timing with the programmer. I have it at the dealership now and they can't get the programmer to work because the sled will not run well. They checked every thing over and don't know what to do. Any info will help. Thanks.

They also said the were going to try a trigger coil for it but skidoo doesn't sell that year any more.!? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have or know anyone with a recked sled '99 440x, that I can use for diagnosis. $$$Will pay for parts or use of parts.$$$ Thanks!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't know anyone that will send you there electrical parts for you to test and possibly wreck.WHat are the voltages(exact)that cdi and the coil are putting out when it is running.If dealership can't get it running you need alot of help.Do you know how to use a meter.Also programming of the cdi ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does it have the high compression domes.You should be able to smell if its race fuel or not..I am interested now!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
corby7 said:
Does it have the high compression domes.You should be able to smell if its race fuel or not..I am interested now!!!!
[snapback]688553[/snapback]​
Hey, thanks for the reply. All the voltages were w/in spec. The gas that was in there was a couple of years old, I think. So I put in new 91 40:1 I'm not sure about the compression, I checked it but I didn't notice it to be higher then stock. I have a meter and it was in spec.

The dealer was just going to throw parts at it and make me pay. They wanted to put a trigger coil in it.

I know no wants to give me there parts, I was wondering if anyone had extra from a mod change or a crashed sled. Thanks again. Anything will help.

Also, sorry sooo long, but two diffrent dealerships have told me that the box I got is the right one for my sled. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts