Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I HAVE READ ON A COUPLE POSTS THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ADVANCING THE TIMING 2 DEGREES ON THE MACHS. HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS ? IF SO WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED ? (OR LOST) DO YOU NEED TO RUN BETTER FUEL ??

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mach-zzz said:
MEA said:

I HAVE READ ON A COUPLE POSTS THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ADVANCING THE TIMING 2 DEGREES ON THE MACHS. HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS ? IF SO WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED ? (OR LOST) DO YOU NEED TO RUN BETTER FUEL ??

[snapback]287082[/snapback]​
Tell me how this can be done./Whoever is telling you this B.S., Must be
a dealer cause you have to program the computer to do this.If you
could do this ,there would never another plug problem.,send me a CD.?
[snapback]287109[/snapback]​

MAYBE THESE GUY'S WHERE CLOSE WITH THERE DEALER OR NEW HOW TO GET INTO THE COMPUTER SOME HOW, THATS WHY I'M ASKING, MORE THEN ONCE I HAVE READ THIS, AND EVERYONE SAYS IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE, CLEANS THE LOW END UP ALLOT ?? SOMEONE OUT THERE MUST KNOW WHAT'S THE REAL DEAL WITH IT ????

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Idont know about the 05s but the dealer did this on my 02 and it really helped.I would say that any dealer could do it in 10-15 minutes with the programmer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[mach z took mine to dealer plug in buds system reset inital timing 2 advanced set marks on flyweel to verify with timing light ok

·
Registered
823 Posts
Mine is done, Took about 10sec to doo, I will let you know next week, ridding tomarow with Deco plugs, Timming adv, and clutch work and oil leaned out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
andy670ho said:
Anyone with results?
[snapback]291087[/snapback]​
I have 800 miles since I advanced my mach i held it wide open 10 miles on a lake and it did not miss a beat it is awsome any questions call me at 203 943 3344

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well 2 weeks ago I raced my friends ZR900, He beet me for about 500ft then I wen't by him by 2-3 sleds then pritty much stayed there, Then I talked to Land an Sea were I got it and they have a GREAT clutch kit, did the deco plugs and timming. Well Yesterday I ran that Same (strong) ZR and took him slitly of the line then by the 500ft mark had him by 3-4 sleds and it just got better from there 7-8 sleds and still pulling when I had to shut her down, The look on his face said it all

·
Registered
164 Posts
Asked my dealer today if he would advance my timing 2deg.
he said sure ,but didnt know if there would be any performance
gain or not.Does anyone know if i would gain anything?(I dont
have a plug prob. yet ,but when not in use its in a heated shed)
Might take them out later to check but havent seen what they
look like yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts