Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Going to Hurley tonight with my wife, son, and 18 year old (Going on 28....) daughter. Since it may be the last time she rides with us, at least while in college, I wanted a pic of the four of us with like Superior as the background. Any of you know what the approximate time is to ride Hurley to Saxon Harbor?

Looks like there is a trail that is winding, and one that looks like a grade. What are the time differences?

Any suggestions are appreciated?

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
329 Posts
The trail to saxon is winding out of hurley for I'd say about 15 miles then u run into the grade and u run the grade all the way to saxon and up to a little place called cedar where there is basically just a gas station. From the gas station you run north about another 3 miles to saxon harbor. These are just my guesses on mileage and time but I'd say total ride from hurley to saxon harbor is about 45 minutes depending on trail conditions. But a very nice ride!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The trail to saxon is winding out of hurley for I'd say about 15 miles then u run into the grade and u run the grade all the way to saxon and up to a little place called cedar where there is basically just a gas station. From the gas station you run north about another 3 miles to saxon harbor. These are just my guesses on mileage and time but I'd say total ride from hurley to saxon harbor is about 45 minutes depending on trail conditions. But a very nice ride!
I'd say this is pretty accurate. Should be a great ride for the family...enjoy!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Cant be any worse then riding across the turtle flowage. Btw. Last time i did that route to saxon harbor. Once you left the frontier gas station/restaurant/general store they actually started a trail to get people off the road. And a couple of ice fishermen came into the harborview bar and grilll with some huge lake trout

1 - 8 of 8 Posts