Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am getting restless, like many of you waiting for the snow. I posted a video of this several years ago.

Here is a true account of what happened to our group about 4 years ago while riding on a backpack trip in the county. Our lead rider, "Yellow" patch on his back, decided to take us off the trail to a remote logging road. When he came to the trail junction there were 3 sleds pulled over for a break. I was in the back of our group observing the meeting. I could not hear what was being said but I could tell by the body language that something was about to happen.

With my camera rolling I made my way up towards the front of our group while the 3 new riders took off tearing down the logging road with our lead rider in hot pursuit.

Snow Outdoor recreation Slope Winter sport Recreation

Snow Vehicle Photograph Mirror Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I go by the 3rd rider and do my best to maintain sight of the rider with the "yellow patch". We continue on for several miles on this logging road until one by one all 3 riders pulled off the trail and decided they had had enough...

Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

Snowmobile Snow Light Automotive tire Vehicle Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Snowmobile Slope

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stay tuned, more to come... ;)

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
tv timeout?

·
doughnut boy
12,583 Posts
Then what ?? They were told that they can no longer stand up and ride. Driver must remain seated at all times

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Valonmxz

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you breaking for commercials or something? Where's the rest of the story?
So, later on I found out from our lead rider what the conversation was at the beginning. It went something like this... Our lead rider says to the 3 riders , you guys go ahead, we don't want to slow you down. The leader of the 3 says, IF ANY OF YOU GUYS CAN KEEP UP WITH US, WE'LL BUY YOU ALL A ROUND OF BEERS TONIGHT!

I never saw them again after it was all over & I'm still thirsty...

·
Registered
756 Posts
That’s funny! It looked like in the video you were switching your sled mode to eco so you didn’t totally embarrass them!????

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I challenge young guys to race all the time.. Nothing is sweeter than whipping a 20 yr. old with neon jacket and motoX helmet on an 850 thinking he's all that. They then accuse me of having a "modified" sled. Yeah it's modified with heated seat, handlebar muffs and a 6' long pole with orange flag sticking up on the back.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I challenge young guys to race all the time.. Nothing is sweeter than whipping a 20 yr. old with neon jacket and motoX helmet on an 850 thinking he's all that. They then accuse me of having a "modified" sled. Yeah it's modified with heated seat, handlebar muffs and a 6' long pole with orange flag sticking up on the back.
Fake news!!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, they challenged us, we were just a bunch of old geezers on 900 aces out cruising the trails. I think the only reason our lead guy picked up the pace is because he wanted to get us that round of beers :Cheers

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's funny! It looked like in the video you were switching your sled mode to eco so you didn't totally embarrass them!
no... switching from eco mode to sport :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts