Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a short voicemail from a friend saying that his 2004 500ss GSX was recalled for a possible problem with the throttle sticking. He mentioned that my 2005 Renegade 600 SDI may also be affected. I have yet to reach him to discuss what was on that recall notice from DOO but was hoping to possibly get some details here from someone with some information. Is there any truth to this? Is my 05 Renegade affected?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mine is an Early Release SDI and I got a recall for air box clamp if loose could rotate and hang up the throttle body. I checked mine it was tight but the dealer told me there is a rubber stopper to go in there for the recall fix so he ordered one for me......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes there is a safety recall for the loose clamp issue. You don't have to take your whole sled to the dealer though, just take off the airbox and they will put a rubber stopper in the right place on the airbox to prevent the clamp from binding up your throttle in the event that it ever did come loose. You will see what Doo is talking about when you get the airbox out. There is a recess in the center of the airbox to clear the throttle linkage and that is where the clamp could possibly bind things up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
skidoo_king_pin said:
Does that affect the 04 800HO gade also?
[snapback]269259[/snapback]​
I can't remember, I just checked on Doo's sit on their recall page and it must be down, because all I got was an error message. I got my recall notice in the mail from BRP and wait a minute I'll get it and check... It says 2003 Grand Touring, 800 SDI and Legend, 800 SDI, on some 2004 Legend 600SDI, Legend 800 HO SDI, MXZ, GSX, and on some 2005 MXZ Renegade models. I would give your dealer a call. It's really not a big deal to have done, and it will give you peace of mind knowing that your throttle can't stick if that clamp comes loose.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bruiser said:
I had a short voicemail from a friend saying that his 2004 500ss GSX was recalled for a possible problem with the throttle sticking. He mentioned that my 2005 Renegade 600 SDI may also be affected. I have yet to reach him to discuss what was on that recall notice from DOO but was hoping to possibly get some details here from someone with some information. Is there any truth to this? Is my 05 Renegade affected?

Thanks guys!
[snapback]269154[/snapback]​
yes ther is a serial no. specific recall and it has nothing to do with the recall for the airbox clamp. it was written about in last months OFSC snowmobile magazine so ski-doo will have the specifics on the recall info. your dealer should have the info at this point. it was to do with some defective throttle body assemblies. if you can't get the inf e-mail me and i'll dig it up and e-mail it to you or post it.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
on SDIs but call your dealer to be safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts