Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever tried to use a twisty instead of a thumb throttle ? why a thumb ?
i have a 98 mxz . will be putting on a different type of riser that will put the new magura fat bars further forward and up. a trick part hand made be a machinist i know. after mounted i plan to install a twisty throttle. unless someone out there can tell me otherwise.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You have to move around on the sled to much to make a twist throttle worth it. Kind of hard to twist a throttle when you are hanging off the left hand side of the sled trying to make a corner, I for one would not put one on mine for that reason and would recomend staying with a thumb throttle

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I know a lot of people who have put twists on quads only to change them back to a thumb, mainly because you have to move around too much on a quad or sled. I do know a few people who have put thumb throttles on bikes and its suprisingly comfortable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Aunt converted to twist cause her hands were so small...but she rides pretty tame. Being a motorcyclist as well, I have to agree with these guys.

There are a lot of throttle options to pick from to make our lives better. There the flip throttle that uses your first two fingers to give your thumb a break. Left side throttle kits. I saw an ad in snowgoer for a "Throttle Thingy"....i forgot the web site but looked like it would help with fatigue as it had a shorter reach. I saw another add-on in the Hiperf.com catalog.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts