Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on all of local trails were i live my snowmobile club is having trouble with throttle jockeys (people who destroy trails and leave little piles of snow every other foot) My uncle is a trail groomer for the club and i have close connections with the Enviormental police. Anyone way to controls these fools??

·
Registered
264 Posts
beefcake887 said:
on all of local trails were i live my snowmobile club is having trouble with throttle jockeys (people who destroy trails and leave little piles of snow every other foot) My uncle is a trail groomer for the club and i have close connections with the Enviormental police. Anyone way to controls these fools??
[snapback]290698[/snapback]​
dont ride on weekends. u will notice there are no "throttle jockeys" in fact theres not many people at all unless there is a holoday or somethin.

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
beefcake887 said:
[snapback]290698[/snapback]​
Nope!! they must nail it coming out of every turn, and gas it after going over trail bridges, It is just in their nature, I don't get it

·
Registered
205 Posts
When do you normally accelerate? Before or after a hazard?

I actually try to throttle at different times to knock down the whoops that get created. If everyone keeps the same rythm, the whoops grow fast. If someone goes out of sync with them and throttles it over the peaks, they get knocked down again. I try to counteract the bumps by the way I ride them. At least it is smoother for the next guy. Hehe...

·
Registered
290 Posts
As said ride during the week, you will have the trails all to yourself for the most part. The weekend warriors are out in force.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,555 Posts

throttle jockeys + pipe =

·
Registered
177 Posts
[quote name='kanobi' date='Jan 31 2005, 02:44 PM']
When do you normally accelerate? Before or after a hazard?

I usually excellerate thru the hazards.. LOL

I actually try to throttle at different times to knock down the whoops that get created. If everyone keeps the same rythm, the whoops grow fast. If someone goes out of sync with them and throttles it over the peaks, they get knocked down again. I try to counteract the bumps by the way I ride them. At least it is smoother for the next guy. Hehe...

I usually try and lump the whoops. .More fun that way..

Yes.. I'm a throttle monkey.. I do try not to accelerate with the hammer.. I let the power on easy as to not try and tear up the trails but I do love flying thru the whoops sections.. That is when the groomer doesn't knock them all down and make it no fun.. By the way I'm just kidding.. lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
My sled doesn't spin at 50 to 70 mph.

I don't know why people do holeshots in the middle of the trail?? Just like when they spin up all of the ice on the hills and corners. It is one thing to spin on some of the bigger berms on turns, but to polish up the inside of turns and going up hills?? Why is my gas mileage so bad?? LOL

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
the beauty of riding a rev is that you dont have to worry about those bumps

·
ryan450r
336 Posts
Well, sorry... i didn't know the trail was for parking... thought it was for riding....
Like someone said above... go buy some ski's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Come to were I live, 100's of miles of trails and no such thing as a groomer. If the whoops arent 2-3' its not worth riding. That way its keeps all the trails clear for the people who can really ride.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i understand what you are saying, you can give it gas with out leaving a pile of snow and destroying trails. you have to be smooth. i manage go along fine without a leaving pile!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
what is the point of a sled if you can't get on the throttle? If its too fast you're too old. Try bingo

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
you guys are missing the point.

there are many knuckleheads out on the trails that destroy them from leaving piles everywhere. these are the people who usally arent registered or have the propper passes and ruin trail privliages from private landowners.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts