Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thinking about shedding some weight of my ´11 boondocker..

It has the 800 etec motor,

A friend is getting rid of his carbon can thats been used for 1 season and is in good shape..

selling it for 200$...

Anyone have experience with these cans ?

it looks great, build quality seem very good, it´s very very light as it should be.

How well does it work with this engine ? not really looking for more power with it since i´m only doing the can but

don´t want to lose any power either.

While on the subject of power,

what should i be looking at without spending to much.. reeds ? pipes ? y pipe ?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Going to be loud, extremely loud.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Have a carbon can on my '13 and a petschke y pipe. Its loud under 6k and once the powervalves open it really gives off a nasty bark.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,653 Posts
Didn't Al Gore run a scam on some carbon can thing?? :mellow_old:

-grover

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Is it really worth $200 (that could be spent on something functionable) to shed a few pounds? Guys are saying it's gonna be loud, but I guess if you only ride off trail, spend it like ya got it. Foolish in my opinion, but it aint my wallet.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The can came on my sled and enjoy the way it sounds. Put the y pipe on to add a little power

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Cans on e-tec's have been known to loose power. The carbon can is also one of the loudest cans you can buy. So you are talking about spending 200 bucks to make your sled slower and annoyingly loud.

There is some truth to loud cans closing trails. There are a bunch of doo-talkers that HATE loud cans...and I can certainly appreciate that. They probably volunteer at their local clubs (which is very noble) and they see the trail closures first hand.

It does suck that the pleasure of the trails can be ruined by the selfishness of many.

If you really want a can...which I can also understand. Please try to find a relatively quiet trail can. MBRP, DYNOPORT, GBB all have trail versions that are a lot quieter than the carbon can.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
v-force reeds do ALMOST nothing.

They are probably worth ~1hp. Maybe better throttle response...but that's about it.

I challenge anyone to notice 1hp!

·
Show me the snow!!
994 Posts
Did anyone happen to look at the OP's profile and notice where he is from? I suspect when he says "boondocking" he means it :wink_old:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Screw the can , buy a set of V-Force reeds you will notice the difference. If your worried about weight start working out wimp!
wow.. really ? insecure much ?

naah, you must have been joking..

but for you other guys thanks for the info.. i dont ride trails, we don´t have any in iceland.. but i´m not in the market for

damaged hearing either :) think ill pass on the carbon can.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did anyone happen to look at the OP's profile and notice where he is from? I suspect when he says "boondocking" he means it :wink_old:
right on... only boondocking and mountain riding here.. the lynx boondocker is a little heavier than the doo so it could do with

shedding a little weight

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joking on the wimp part , serious about how the reeds the throttle response improvement is quite snappy.
figured as much :)

but first thing i noticed when i tested the sled was how good the throttle response was so i´ll leave it as is i think.

A cool wrap kit is on the "i want" list..

any good advice on those ?

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Good decision to pass on that can. The guy that makes them and sells them had a sound clip on here a couple of years ago. Even the clip was outrageously loud. Don't know how he even sold any.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,653 Posts
addnano you need to post up some pics on your riding area and such, luv to see it! :cool_old:

-grover

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
addnano you need to post up some pics on your riding area and such, luv to see it! :cool_old:

-grover
No problem, i´ll snap some shots next weekend.. wish that the visibility was better last weekend, had one river crossing in the middle of snowy nowhere but the river is hot so it never gets covered.. pretty funky

1 - 20 of 20 Posts