Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at making my 2015 154 a 163 and using a 3” track. Anyways I was looking on tracks USA site and they make extensions to extend the 154 rails. Anyone have experience? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used rail extensions on a couple of sleds and they work well. More economical than new rails, unless you can find good used.
I've got a 3 in track on my 2011 XP and had to put 7 tooth drivers on it to give clearance for the lugs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a t3 driveshaft ordered just trying to decide on rails or extensions. Can hardly find a set of used ones for under $450 and ice age rails are about$700 plus from what I’m seeing. Just don’t want a weak point that’ll cause me grief is all

·
Registered
509 Posts
By the time you bend or break rail extensions you have way bigger problems. How do I know? Brother had a burst fracture of the spine dropping 80 ft to relatively flat. Rail extensions were fine, rails bent into a 3D "S" shape, just say'in.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
163 rails are relatively inexpensive and you can almost always find a straight set online
I'm not a fan of the extension game
I agree.
When I was looking to stretch my 146 FR to a 154 I found a complete used skid minus shocks cheaper than the rails and not much more than the extensions.

Reactions: Trippy

·
Registered
30 Posts
I moved my skid back and changed track . Better approach angle.
154 to a 163

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've moved suspension back to get better angle, as well as bought and installed rail extensions. Both work well and are still working. If I'd do it again, I'd cut the metal brackets just above the rails and weld on extensions, because I found extensions to be lots off fooling around, and not as strong as a welded mod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts