Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the winter up here in maine sucks.. snow comes and goes and doesnt stay longenough to even do anyriding on.... so i am allmost ready to sell my sled... too much money to keep if i am not using... had a big storm yesterday and today it is 40 degrees.... and will be for the rest of the week.... so it isnt good... only done 400 miles all winter.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
i know what you mean. sleds are like the stock market...if you get in, you have to stay in for the long haul. that is why i run older sleds. they are cheaper to buy and you do not feel bad if you run them on marginal snow...or can not use them at all because there is no snow. but you are right. this is a sour year for riding.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Dont feel bad brother you have 300 more miles under your belt this winter than me. Believe me your not the only one complaining out there. but its cool We all realize you have to vent somewhere. It will get better maybe not this yr, but next year hopefully isnt this bad.

·
Registered
536 Posts
One hour and thirty minutes from home, and I have one area with 6' base and two feet of fresh powder on unmolested trails. Same time away but in another direction, and I have the same conditions with hundreds of miles of groomed trails.

Sorry to brag, but things are awesome out here in Colorado. I feel bummed for you guys out there. You all are in the areas that the snow gods should be smiling on. I hope things change for ya'll soon!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hay I know how you feel , we have the same problem here in Wisc , it SUCKS , I have to drive 275 miles to get good sledding , hang tight , next week the weather man may not lie and we all get hit hard .

·
???????????????????
1,467 Posts
I did 178 miles the first weekend I ever rode. (2nd weekend in Jan.) The next weekend I bought a sled
Since then, I've ridden 300 miles on my sled. Mostly Colebrook/Pittsburg, NH area. My uncle said he can't wait until we get good riding conditions, so he can show me how much fun it really is.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
glock35ipsc said:
One hour and thirty minutes from home, and I have one area with 6' base and two feet of fresh powder on unmolested trails. Same time away but in another direction, and I have the same conditions with hundreds of miles of groomed trails.

Sorry to brag, but things are awesome out here in Colorado. I feel bummed for you guys out there. You all are in the areas that the snow gods should be smiling on. I hope things change for ya'll soon!
[snapback]713938[/snapback]​
Hey, is that area you're in by any chance between winterpark & grand lake? that trail your on looks very familiar to me.My wifes from Grand Junction and i use to live in Arvada, my best friend lives in the Green Mtn area so except for this year we usually get out there for a week of riding, my favorite places in Colorado are
Shrine pass, Tiger run, rabbit ears, Buffalo pass, and the Grand Mesa--your lucky as it really sucks to have about 4-6 inches in December and then see nothing but
rain and brown since!!! spoke to my bud out there and he confirmed what you are
saying about the snow pack this year --she's "big time" back here in the Midwest we'll just call you Mr Lucky!!
--be safe!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey, is that area you're in by any chance between winterpark & grand lake?
Kinda close to Grand Lake, maybe 20-30 miles north, and slightly east. The picsa are from Long Draw, which is a few miles east of Cameron Pass, Highway 14. If you go on the west side of the pass, there is a trail that runs from Gould that will take you right into Grand Lake. In fact, that is the plan for next weekend is to run that trail. This weekend we are going up to Albany, Wyoming to the Snowy Range. Staying the night up there Saturday.

·
Registered
139 Posts
only been out 3 times this year and i have 995.5km so far heres some pics from last weekend

sorry for having the Cat in the pics...this will make up for it....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah... I've got about 150mi in this winter... if that.
But, that's all gonna change tomorrow
, IF my buddies Cat doesn't break down, he just put the motor back together.

BTW, I think that ZRT looks good, it's nice to see one with the hood down... oh... wait... just saw second pic, nevermind...

·
Registered
263 Posts
i might as well jump on board... we just got 19" of snow in northern mass and i didn't realize it could melt so fast. in the 40's and 50's for a week, not a trace of snow now. now that the snow's gone, it is in the 20's and it's gonna be 4 tonight. boooooo i only did 67 miles this year and had to drive 250 each way to do it. i feel worse for nh's lakes region, there isn't even any ice there, and most of their trails involve crossing some body of water. 2 feet of snow wouldn't help them! horrible, the economy up there is hurtin big time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts