Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pointed out about all sub- forums… They told us to have members use the follow opt..
New people looking to use search.
We tried with no luck. Also this site was born on the Rev base..
That's the best they can do? Shameful!
It sort of reduces those who own, buy, ride, collect, race and enjoy the older Mach 1, Mach Z and Formula 111 sleds to second class members.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
It sort of reduces those who own, buy, ride, collect, race and enjoy the older Mach 1, Mach Z and Formula 111 sleds to second class members.
Aren't we? 😆

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
It may help to draw away from prying eyes that don't belong. Both Mach Z platforms have had to endure history of hardship. Keep a close eye on the Mach Z on a Gen4 platform to see what I mean. I saw it happen with the 800R and 850 in real time, and it was not pretty. The only ones left for any of the older platforms actually care about them.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I'm not one to go over anyone's head. The Moderators on this forum do a great and thankless job.
As a member though I would like to contact Verticlescope and express my concerns. It would only be with the approval and blessings of the moderators. I'll hold off a few days (it's not snowing yet)
Comments or suggestions would be welcomed by me. If the consensus is to leave it alone, so be it. I simply can't see why adding a thread "Mach 1 - Z - Formula 111 would be so difficult.
Has anyone else brought this up on any of the other rooms?
Lynn

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Think I'm with you, Lynn. We're not even asking for a chassis specific forum. MZ's, M1's and FIII's. Many members of which are solid contributors to other, old iron forums. Sad to say at this point I think DooTalk has left us. I may have to do the same.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
FYI, the latest Mach Z is mixed in with other four strokes. The Mach Z triple is mixed in with the Mach 1 and Formula III. The Mach Z RT is mixed in with the Renegade and the Summit. It doesn't say the Summit, but it is for all intent and purpose.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Actually, I think eons ago there was a specific forum for Mach Z and the others. As time passes the forums become less busy so they get merged.

·
Administrator
8,825 Posts
There is a spot for you to talk to VS down the site. Suggest it.. We tried. It all about the google hits.
Go down to bottom of the list and make your case…

pit out. This whole topic should be there. Do you want me to move it…

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There is a spot for you to talk to VS down the site. Suggest it.. We tried. It all about the google hits.
Go down to bottom of the list and make your case…

pit out. This whole topic should be there. Do you want me to move it…
Thank you for the response. I've been without internet so haven't been able to contact VS but I will. I was hoping there would be more support from other members but perhaps the lack of it is due to the fact they can't find this thread.
I just got the internet back a few minutes ago.
I'm not understanding "Pit out" Please explain.
Regards,
Lynn

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I hope you didn't take my comments personally. We welcome your help.
I wrote an E Mail to VS. This is what I wrote:
Dear Sirs,
I started a conversation on the "Doo Talk" Forum about finding the room for Ski Doo Mach 1, Mach Z and Formula 111 triple sleds being difficult to find. To find this room anyone has to find the Mach RT Mach 1000 room then select "Sub Forums".
The Mach RT and 1000 sleds are not triple sleds so anyone looking for the triple's room would pass right over the Mach RT 1000 room and continue to look for the former triple's room.
There is still a lot of interest in the older triple engine sleds and the triple's room has always been active with a great group of participants there I would hate to see lose out on the participation.
I believe there are others who visit this forum who would appreciate a room set aside in bold print for the Mach 1 Mach Z and Formula 111 sleds which would make the room easier to find.
Regards,
Lynn

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Lynn thanks for trying. It is hard to find this sub-forum of triples. That's why as other have mentioned that there are threads about triples in other locations. We will see how VS responds or if they respond to you. And they wonder why the forums are dying. I can go on to Facebook and find multiple Facebook Mach/Formula groups or triple groups. And if I can't find one or don't like how one is run, I can start my own group in minutes. It's a shame it's happening and a shame that Pit or the other Mods on here don't have the control like they used too. I can even see instead of creating the own group, rename the RT subforum as just Mach/Formula 3 and then have the sub groups under that. Course though then you go throwing the new Mach into this and where does it belong. Oh well. Hope everyone is having a great summer and is getting all the old iron ready for next year. I just wish this rain would quit so we can get some asphalt racing in.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you for the support. I'm trying and I don't give in easily.
I do wish others would join in and have their say. I feel a little lonesome on the battlefield.
I haven't been in any other rooms here as I've been super busy. I'll have to click onto a few and see what's up.
Lynn

Reactions: Daag44 and XCR583

·
Administrator
677 Posts
For anyone new to the forum they might never find the Mach 1 / Z or triples forum. They'd have to go to the "Mach Z RT and MXZ 1000 SDI models" room then click onto "Sub forums" to find this one
Could this be changed?
Lynn
Check again now, please.

Also...

How To Keep Your Favorite Forum Sections at the Top
My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
THIS ROOM USED TO BE HARD TO FIND!
I don't know what to say other than "THANK YOU"! I'm quite sure many others will appreciate you for listening and making a change which in my own opinion will only improve this forum but might bring a few new members onboard.
Respectfully,
Lynn

Reactions: pma1123 and Daag44

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
The Mach Z triples earned their own forum!!!

Thank you LETMGROW for pushing forward! I did not think it would happen, but it did!!!

And obviously thank you to Pit Grunt for making the case, and to Dootalkadmin (Ckicket) for making this happen! Of note, for all the support that LETMGROW thought he did not have from us members, he got the best support there was from you who know DooTalk the most.

I am thankful to all of you for getting the Mach Z triples from underneath the RT forum where it never belonged. Easy for me to say after the fact, but it is still a really cool and positive change! To me it seems to be the best change since Jeb pushed to get the RT forum to include the Renegade RT. In comparison it was a small change, but it made a big difference imo. Moving the triples into their own primary forum is huge and well deserved.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Way to go Lynn! You made it happen. Like Daag, I didn't think it would happen.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I didn't make it happen. "Pit Grunt" and "dootalkadmin" made it happen. I simply pointed out the issue and pleaded my case and they listened and acted.
Let's hope we get some new players on the forum with this room easier to find than it was even before the change.
Lynn

21 - 38 of 38 Posts