Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone new to the forum they might never find the Mach 1 / Z or triples forum. They'd have to go to the "Mach Z RT and MXZ 1000 SDI models" room then click onto "Sub forums" to find this one
Could this be changed?
Lynn

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'll second that. Triple sleds should have a home of there own, I would think.

Think Snow!

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I'll third that as well. It wasn't easy to find before, but now with the latest update it is completely invisible. New users looking for triple info would commonly go to the MXZ/Formula forum and the moderator would have to move the posts.

As long as we're talking about this; there were previously requests for a separate PRS forum also in the vintage area. 😉

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's nice to see no one is being critical. There may be new members out there we can exchange thoughts and information with and I'd hate to see anyone miss the opportunity. We all can learn and we all can teach.
This might make the moderators job easier also.
Lynn

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new search works great. Also I am trying to get VS to show the sub forums or make there own forums.
Thank You. I'd hate to see us lose members or not get new members because they can't find certain threads or topics. Like dealing with anything new there will be bugs to be worked out.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Let me know if there is anything I can do. Sub forums in the vintage forum would be great, one for RVs, one for Elans etc etc. I mean we don’t need a hundred but several would be great. We have a lot of guys into the PRS sleds that could use it’s own spot too!

·
E-Tec Rules
33,573 Posts
i prefer the previous version, maybe it will get better with use, but right now not seeing this is a good change...

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
i prefer the previous version, maybe it will get better with use, but right now not seeing this is a good change...
I find I am continually like that, it’s tough to change, and the old “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” thing. I am guessing we will adjust pretty fast.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This wasn't a big change for me as I visit a couple other forums hosted by the same server.
Here is one example: Green Tractor Talk
I think when the Moderators see our requests there will be some changes made. It may take a little time to tweak it a bit.
Lynn

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Over a week with no response from a Mod. I guess we're stuck with what we have.

·
Premium Member
27,912 Posts
Has it changed? At the very top of the RT forum is the Triple forum much like I remember it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has it changed? At the very top of the RT forum is the Triple forum much like I remember it.
When you first go to the Doo Talk forum you have to click onto the link "Ski Doo Snowmobiles" Then you go down the menu to "Mach Z RT and MXZ 1000 SDI Models" then you have to click onto "sub forums" to find the triples room.
I don't see that as very user friendly for a newcomer.

·
Premium Member
27,912 Posts
When you first go to the Doo Talk forum you have to click onto the link "Ski Doo Snowmobiles" Then you go down the menu to "Mach Z RT and MXZ 1000 SDI Models" then you have to click onto "sub forums" to find the triples room.
I don't see that as very user friendly for a newcomer.
Are you referring to a change from the old to new s/w, or a request for the Triples to have its own 1st level forum?

If it's for the old to new s/w, I can reach this forum the same as before as shown below with no additional steps. From the RT forum I either click on Triples forum or subforums. Either way has me reach this Triple subforum in the same number of steps.

Triples forum.jpg Triples subforum.jpg

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually it is pretty much the same as before. It does seem as though with all the participation on the triples forum the triples deserve it's own Thread. If I remember right when you brought up the Mach Z RT room the triples were listed without having to find it through the 'Sub Forums'. You don't see 'Triples' unless you find them in sub forums. How many people will find it like this?

Reactions: Daag44

·
Premium Member
27,912 Posts
Actually it is pretty much the same as before. It does seem as though with all the participation on the triples forum the triples deserve it's own Thread. If I remember right when you brought up the Mach Z RT room the triples were listed without having to find it through the 'Sub Forums'. You don't see 'Triples' unless you find them in sub forums. How many people will find it like this?
Agreed, it is not a good thing to have to go through the RT forum to reach the Triples which were the first Mach Z. I think this is a simple fix and the concern appears to be well related by the moderators. I am guessing the latest Mach Z in a 4S clothing will have a similar challenge.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We are having a meeting next week and the sub- forums is on the list. The wheels of Dootalk turn slow for VS tech… please relax and stand by.

PIT
I'm relaxed. LOL I'm sure all the members on this forum appreciate all the work the moderators do to keep this forum running smoothly. No doubt there will be a few bumps in the road with the change but I have confidence they will eventually be smoothed out.
Thank you,
Lynn

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We are having a meeting next week and the sub- forums is on the list. The wheels of Dootalk turn slow for VS tech… please relax and stand by.

PIT
When you have your meeting, point out the "Rev" series has 7 separate rooms while the Mach has only 1 and it's for the RT and 1000.

·
Administrator
8,820 Posts
Pointed out about all sub- forums… They told us to have members use the follow opt..
New people looking to use search.
We tried with no luck. Also this site was born on the Rev base..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts