Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering for you guys whop have done it...riveted teh black bracket back into place and now it says drill through tunnel from inside?...there are also two large holes in end of origibal tunnel..will i be putting two bolts through those.. here is the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Your track is going to hit that extension.....hope you don't plan on studding it.

It needs to be angled up.....like this.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you figure it would hit the coller before it hit the extra extension? correct?..iw would have to rip through the old tunnel to get to the extension...

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Mine doesn't hit, but I don't have studs either

Attachments

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
get those tools off there your going to scratch it
Xrev800 said:
Hey just wondering for you guys whop have done it...riveted teh black bracket back into place and now it says drill through tunnel from inside?...there are also two large holes in end of origibal tunnel..will i be putting two bolts through those.. here is the pic
[snapback]311850[/snapback]​

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya you won't hit it with studs..there is no way you could hit it with studs unless they ripped through your cooler to get higher than it...but i haven't tilted it up yet either to get the side rivets back in again..will finish up tomorrow

·
Registered
393 Posts
Xrev800 said:
Ya you won't hit it with studs..there is no way you could hit it with studs unless they ripped through your cooler to get higher than it...but i haven't tilted it up yet either to get the side rivets back in again..will finish up tomorrow
[snapback]311925[/snapback]​
YES YOU WILL HIT! The 04 revs are different than the 03's! On the 03's the rear wheels will accually go up past the cooler. That is why most delete kits are designed with the angle up. Talk to rev x, he made alot of our beaver delete kits. Mine is angled up and I still have scratch marks. If you leave it flat and bottom out hard, kiss that tail goodbye. I believe he said they need at least a 7 deg angle to be safe.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
reven-up-yours said:
Xrev800 said:
YES YOU WILL HIT! The 04 revs are different than the 03's! On the 03's the rear wheels will accually go up past the cooler. That is why most delete kits are designed with the angle up. Talk to rev x, he made alot of our beaver delete kits. Mine is angled up and I still have scratch marks. If you leave it flat and bottom out hard, kiss that tail goodbye. I believe he said they need at least a 7 deg angle to be safe.
[snapback]311939[/snapback]​
The tail end hasn't been tilted up yet in the pictures to rivet the tunnel in the side I am finishing it up tomorrow so it will be tilted then. I dont plan on studding anyway i'd get a 1.5 track before studing, you can fit up to 1.75 in a 2003 correct?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
When the skid is fully compressed, the end of the track actually goes up past the tunnel.

Even with my kit tilted up, the end of the extension where it meets the tunnel has marks from the studs. They just miss the cooler.

I added protectors to the delete kit to correct this.

Do a search and you will find more on what I am talking about.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Xrev800 said:
reven-up-yours said:
Xrev800 said:
The tail end hasn't been tilted up yet in the pictures to rivet the tunnel in the side I am finishing it up tomorrow so it will be tilted then. I dont plan on studding anyway i'd get a 1.5 track before studing, you can fit up to 1.75 in a 2003 correct?
[snapback]311947[/snapback]​
You should be safe if not studding. As for the 1.75 track, i'm not sure. I know the 1.5 will fit for sure. I might as well get an asphault kit for mine with this crappy winter. I ride more pavement than snow.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reven-up-yours said:
Xrev800 said:
reven-up-yours said:
Xrev800 said:
[snapback]311947[/snapback]​
You should be safe if not studding. As for the 1.75 track, i'm not sure. I know the 1.5 will fit for sure. I might as well get an asphault kit for mine with this crappy winter. I ride more pavement than snow.

[snapback]311956[/snapback]​
haha...that stinks..i dont think ill be getting anew track for awhile my 1.25 is still mint and it hooks up nice now no need for studs...i just rode this weekdn in about 24 in. of fresh powder ill post some pics later

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
the reason it hits without hitting stock exchanger is because under the throttle the track bows out, tilt is definelty needed....and it looks better. Is that a Sledhead kit there? a 1.75 will fit, just watch and see if the rivets are in the right direction there was a problem from the factory with that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts