Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reasonable red blooded 30 something snowmobiling dude can spend under a minute looking at ANY new Cat and see it's built with a considerable amount of carelessness/low grade material. Thier reputation for being cheap is well documented (and they cost more)

Click on the below link and just LOOK AT the subjects in the AC discussion!!! Wow!!
Thier all falling apart!!!

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showforum=29

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Rings
Crank Seals
Spring that sag out in one year
Microswitchs that are vulnerable to moisture
Headlight and hand warmer and thumb warmer switches that go after two years
Blowing belts
Weak flying nuns
Gauges that fog
Do you want me to continue????????????????

·
Registered
806 Posts
alexd said:
Rings
Crank Seals
Blowing belts
Weak flying nuns
Gauges that fog
[snapback]693665[/snapback]​
Carefull there trigger, We've seen brp have some or most of those problems from time to time.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
nwtguy said:
alexd said:
Rings
Crank Seals
Blowing belts
Weak flying nuns
Gauges that fog
[snapback]693665[/snapback]​
Carefull there trigger, We've seen brp have some or most of those problems from time to time.
[snapback]693717[/snapback]​
He was talking about doo...

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
wtguy
over 50% of the subjects over there concern something broken or breaking or falling apart. Is quite evident here which manufacturer is building a better product....

Oil Consumtion
Recoil Recall
Burn Down - LOL!!! (what the hell is that, Cat lingo??)
Steering Flange Weld
ect ect ect ect

·
Super Moderator
31,547 Posts
MTM said:
Its real funny till an f7 beats you by a half a mile out on the lake.
[snapback]693737[/snapback]​
But it still can't touch you on the trails...

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Bumplover said:
wtguy
over 50% of the subjects over there concern something broken or breaking or falling apart. Is quite evident here which manufacturer is building a better product....

Oil Consumtion
Recoil Recall
Burn Down - LOL!!! (what the hell is that, Cat lingo??)
Steering Flange Weld
ect ect ect ect
[snapback]693727[/snapback]​
Bad Kitty Bad!

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
MTM said:
[snapback]693746[/snapback]​
Ah great, now you've done it.

Long story short, MTM got spanked by an F7 on the lake, and through the trails, and through the bumps.

·
Super Moderator
31,547 Posts
tughillterror said:
MX-Z Man said:
MTM said:
[snapback]693746[/snapback]​
Ah great, now you've done it.

Long story short, MTM got spanked by an F7 on the lake, and through the trails, and through the bumps.

[snapback]693761[/snapback]​
Oh no!

I won't ask if he rides like a girlie man because that wouldn't be nice, but honestly, how could you get beat by an F7? Maybe he just had a plug fouled?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I still think that it's just technology at it's best. 5-10 years ago sleds were still breaking down the same as they are today, it's just you didn't hop on a web forum and post your problems, cause there weren't any forums! You never got the exposure like we do now. Shoott some guy blows a belt the whole world knows about it now.

The internet is good, and bad. I take everything form the net with a grain of salt...

INTERNET=LIFE

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess the reason of this post is to point out the fact that there really is a "Industry Black Eye" If your gonna shell out 8-10 grand on a Snowmobile wouldnt you want to be aware of some of these problems?? Arctic Cat is so freaking worried about being the first sled accross the lake they have put quality way back on the back burner. Build them as light as you can and forget about durability.......

I was in a Cat shop a while bak to buy a new cord for my heated shield. There wa s Cat Turbo 660 (660 I think) It was LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY how freaking cheap and ugly this thing was. The fit and finish, the plastic, the hoses, lines and cables, idlers, running boards, unbelievably stupid and plain dash and instrumentation, coma-inducing paint scheme, ect ect ect. This sled would last me till about noon before it would completely gernade. Every inch of this machine was an out and out JOKE!!!!

·
Super Moderator
31,547 Posts
There is a kid around here who was Green all the way - and yes, he is hard on equipment. I swear he could break a sledge hammer. The best he ever did was one complete season on one Cat, but at seasons end no one would take it in trade, it was 100% used up. One season it took 2 new Cats to make it through the season. He wasn't wrecking them in accidents, he was just destroying them from excessive abuse. Last year he decided to try a REV. Not only did it make it all year without any issues, he's on it again this season. Better? I think so.

And as far as cornering flatter, I'll put my 'Gade up against ANY sled on snow today - it's that dialed in - ask anyone trying to follow it.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
and corner flatter
clearly you have never ridden on or ridden behind an Fx sled...

if you are riding anywhere close to aggressive you are on one ski in ALL conditions except a flat and level stretch of trail...

problems... they all have them... but I did got to the articchat web site and the guys with problems have much larger-mouths than the guys without just like here.

my buddy had an 03 F7 and blew the motor in the first 150 miles cat repaired it, and it ran 1500 more without a problem till he totalled it. Got an 04 and now has 3000+ miles on it without a problem... both sleds were 100% stock- and he is good at riding on one ski!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.