Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Third Wheel on 2023 MXZ Sport

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  amorielljr 
#1 ·
Hi All!

Recently took delivery of a 2023 MXZ Sport for my wife and the two wheels on the back axle don't seem like enough. For those that have a G4 based Sport Model (either MXZ or Renegade) with the SC-5M suspension, has anyone installed a third wheel on the rear axle? If anyone has added a wheel, I'm wondering what part number(s) you used.

Looking at the parts diagram, I'm guessing I should be able to use the third wheel parts from a 600r etec (the lower suspension appears to share many of the same parts between the SC-5M and Rmotion). The outer wheels on the SC-5M have a different part number than the rmotion but I'm guessing that's just due to the wheel appearance (given they are the same size and the rear axle part number is the same between the SC-5M and rmotion).

Thanks!

#6 ·
buy a 4th wheel kit from someone like Hygear or Grip-n-Rip and purchase the 3rd wheel also.
X2

IMO. The Grip-n-Rip package looks like a great option. As MotoMatt mentions, it includes the 4 Aluminium wheel blocks. My experience with older sleds is the metal blocks are a "priceless" addition. Highly recommended.

You will need one white and one black Labyrinth seal along with the added wheel if you buy the Grip-n-Rip package.

I personally "glue" the labyrinth seals in place on all the wheel supports as well as the rear axle blocks. On every re-build I have done so far, I have found a number of labyrinth seals have come loose from their supports, spun and enlarged the press diameter on the supports. The result is no protection for the bearing. Firmly installing the seals over the blocks, with a touch of epoxy or a dab of silicone adhesive seems to do the trick holding the seals in place over time.

The following is copied from Partzilla.com.

Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Paper

Font Magenta Brand Circle Number

Font Screenshot Number Circle Brand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.